When do you think the 2nd wave of WP8 phones will launch?

isismobileno

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
im currently still on a contract with an lg optimus 7 and it iis going to be quite costly to switch to bell and get the htc 8x. I am a student so I am thinking of holding out until I am back from school and working again before I get a new phone.. what do you guys think?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What makes sense to me is a fairly active release dates after WP8 becomes more familiar. Figure 4 months or so to let the current crop lead the way? That puts some follow up devices about March? Can't imagine Nokia can afford not to get more phones out. They need variety to assure sales and their survival. HTC has one device, rumored to be a quad core and a 4.7" screen, still lurking.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who thinks there won't be windows phone 8 devices at either CES or Mobile World Congress is kidding them selves. It will be April at the latest, but I suspect February or March.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have heard rumors of a March release for the HTC quad core. I am hoping for a new Verizon Nokia by the time my contract ends in May. If not the 822 will do just fine.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You guys dont think we will get any new windows phones from now until summer? None at all? I would think we would get a few from now untill then, did WP say they are only going in waves like that??

Rich White

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Intel will announce an Atom Win Phone. Fall brings the new stuff and Win 8.5 HD and Quad Core, 64GB, and 5" screens.
CES 2014 brings the Win Pro Surface Phone for Enterprises based on Intel.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I know there are at least two more phones for Verizon that will release in January or February, but those are considered Wave 1, just were pushed back.

I'm guessing new phones will be announced at CES and MWC and then released 1-3 months later. Sometimes the US carriers take their time. The Optimus Vu was announced at 2012's CES and Verizon didn't launch the Intuition until September 2012.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping we see something of interest at CES, but given Nokia's GSM roots it would likely be MWC with Verizon being mum about it until a week or so before launch. I may actually be motivated enough to sell my new GN2 and just use my Nexus 7 with a MiFi for email and my old stand by flip phone to get by.

TheAsbo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see the new phones too. I probably won't be able to get the Lumia 920 for a few months anyway. If they announce a new flagship, I could probably hold off for a bit longer. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb