Just about to get lumia 920, but then I hear...950 will have a 12 mp camera

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not at all excited about the aluminium body rumors as I consider Nokia N8 one of the ugliest phones ever made (I absolutely hate those ugly plastic end caps) but what you say is not exactly true since we're talking about Nokia here. Whatever aluminium body material Nokia used in N8 is very durable and eat coins like candy:

Nokia N8 scratch test - YouTube

Picture doing this to an iPhone 5.
Well I was actually talking more along the lines of paint on the aluminium..

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I was actually talking more along the lines of paint on the aluminium..

Does not matter. Whatever Nokia has done with the colored aluminium oxide layer covering their old Symbian line of phones is very very durable. I remember hearing some complaints about the color wearing off eventually from contact spots like the camera hump, but it definitely does not scratch the same way iPhone does.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Turns out there are 7 Canadian years in every Earth year.

All canines were invented in Canada, hence the name. When invented, canine internal clocks were set to run to Canadian time.

As Canines, or dogs as we now call them, became popular, they were transported across the globe on ships that used them to tell the time and as maritime calenders. Every time the dog celebrated a birthday, the sailors knew that 52.14 days had elapsed.

Interestingly, modern day mobile phone companies that force you into a 3yr contract are also know as dogs.

Ahhhh. That clears it up for me.
I had always assumed it just used the US to Canadian dollar conversion rate.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I was worried that people may have thought I was being serious. I could have gone on for about ten pages with my story.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There will always be a better phone coming, and then and better one than that will come out, and so on and so on. Just buy a phone

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Aluminum phones dont' bother me much I always put my phones in a case, that's why they look like new when I sell them. Still if they can lighten the weight and improve upon their great quality already then I am all for it.

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
It only a rumor and might not happen, I heard it will be the same spec within an aluminum body. :wink:
That's actually quite a nice thought though; although the current Polycarbonate seems to be great, I would much rather have a phone with a metallic feel to it.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Aluminum oxide is the abrasive compound used in sandpaper. It is also the stuff used in blue grinding wheels on bench top grinders. It is also the reason that accuracy gun nuts will not use aluminum cleaning rods. The aluminum easily oxidizes and damages expensive barrels. So they use stainless steel or coated. They are like audiophiles they are OCD about cleaning rods but they all agree NO to aluminum.

bovcrx

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just buy it if you can, or save some change and get a 900 off craigslist (200 or less). Use it for the next 6 months til a new Lumia comes. It'll get 7.8 anyway and is still a great phone.

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Just buy it if you can, or save some change and get a 900 off craigslist (200 or less). Use it for the next 6 months til a new Lumia comes. It'll get 7.8 anyway and is still a great phone.

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme
Eh, I was actually looking to get a 920 sooner than 6 months.
Had my HTC 7 Trophy for nearly two years (contract nearing an end :D) and the thing is sluggish now and damn near retirement.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I expect a 920 variant to be announced at MWC, hope is that they'll break this cycle of slow releases and release it quickly. We'll have to see, but my guess would be late March, early April for a flagship on Verizon. Mid-March would be stellar.

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Just about to get lumia 920, but then I hear...950 will have a 12 mp camera

Well wait for the 960 it's awesome no no the 990 will be better no you right the 1K is or?
there will always come a new better item so if you need a new phone buy it now us it for 1.5-2 years get a new don't go around waiting for the next...........

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Agree with imem, get what you like now and enjoy it for two years. Even I'm looking at the 920 and I've had my HTC for a year. I want WP8 and the Lumia is the best package for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre