Just about to get lumia 920, but then I hear...950 will have a 12 mp camera

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
That the 950 will have a 12mp camera, that It wont be too long until its release...

That new models of S4 or other phones are coming out in two monts...

Basically, I don't want to spend 650 euros on a Device that will not be the best option out in 6 months or much less...

Thoughts? validity of rumors?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just about to get lumia 920, but then I hear...

Haven't heard of a 950 coming. Probably won't hear about the next Lumia until Mobile World Congress.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

With this attitude, you will always keep waiting. Since there will always be something better than current in few months.
Also, I don't think any 920 successor will come so soon as MWC. They are just ramping up the production of 920. I bet atleast another 6-9 months before the next successor hits the market.
Even if they announce something at MWC, it will take atleast another 3-6 months to hit the market.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

when the time S4 actually hits the market, HTC brings 5" FHD quadcore 64G into market...
then your list can go on from there

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just get the damn phone, stop thinking! 950 is just something out of your imagination, if you keep thinking like that you'll never buy anything.

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the deadly cycle of technology buddy. Where the latest and greatest are worth peanuts within months. Just get the damn phone. Unless you're seriously willing to wait on a phone that doesn't even exist yet..

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
GET THE PHONE. You will never get past your brick phone unless you just buy it. :) ... I just got rid of my radar for 8x, ready to upgrade when I can.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Yea these days phone will keep coming out every single months, there's no point waiting for the best phone, because that's gonna last you 2-3 months max.
Right now I dare to say that L920 is the best phone on the market, if you don't detest WP then you should get this phone.
I'm loving EVERY BIT of it.
My Lumia 920 is right now charging on the wireless charging stand, while I listen to free music on Nokia Music with my Purity on-ear headphones+dolby audio technology :wink:

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, unless I hear about something else coming out March-ish, I'm set on the L920, right after my contract ends.

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
We know nothing about the next Lumia, anything you hear right now is pure speculation.

I would expect to see some new devices come this Mobile World Congress in late February (25-27th), but not before that. And even then it will be at least a month or two before they are shipped out to the general populace.

If you can wait another ~4 months, do it. You will most definitely find a better device, but that particular device will be "outdated" in another couple of months as well, in the same manner. It's just the way it is in todays market.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

That the 950 will have a 12mp camera, that It wont be too long until its release...

That new models of S4 or other phones are coming out in two monts...

Basically, I don't want to spend 650 euros on a Device that will not be the best option out in 6 months or much less...

Thoughts? validity of rumors?

...and the 1050 will have a 30 mp camera... And the 1150 is going to have a 65 mp camera with 3D and smell-o-vision odor capture technology.

Buy a phone if you need one and/or it's time to get one. If not, wait. It's really simple. There will ALWAYS be a rumor about some other miracle phone on the horizon, if you wait for the perfect phone you'll never get one. I suggest you don't let the rumor mill play a role in your decision making process.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

There are no rumors of 950 or whatever next one will be called. Where did you hear about 950? In fact, there are no credible rumors currently about any new Lumia device.

Andrew Z

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a trustable source (for the US) and he said that Verizon is getting a new Nokia that'll be a beefed up 920. They planned the 822 originally for holidays, and then they're gonna get a crazy one

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Closest thing I can think of is the Chinese 920 model.. Which IS a beefed up 920 (better GPU).. If that's what he meant by "950"
Though in retrospect, why would the US be getting the Chinese model.. *shrugs*

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The 808 Pureview has a 41MP camera... it'll be quite some time before the 9xx line has one of those, and really - what's the most important part of the phone? That's right, the camera :D

Jed Cutler

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Closest thing I can think of is the Chinese 920 model.. Which IS a beefed up 920 (better GPU).. If that's what he meant by "950"
Though in retrospect, why would the US be getting the Chinese model.. *shrugs*

I thought this was already disproved? AFAIK the Chinese model is the same as all the others.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

If you consider all the technologies Nokia has in production right now, the 920 is not the best they can do... and you don't even have to wait for something that they don't already have at mass production scale. So.. I expect the development in the Lumia line to be rather rapid, especially around the camera. The 12Mpix sensor from the N8 is over 2 years old... I wouldn't be surprised to see it ported to a Win NT based device.

I really hope that Nokia learned their lesson and they will stop giving us just a little bit at a time.. that didn't work very well for them in the post iPhone era. Apple does the best they can do, puts it in one package, and sells it.. Nokia doesn't do that for some reason, but I am hoping that would change soon.

For years they had separate categories for entertainment (N series) and the business (E series) and all bunch of other ones in between. The closes we got to "their best" relative to the competition was the N95. They can't afford to play that game anymore.. they don't control the market.. so..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb