How long will Nokia wait to put new devices on sale?

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So with MWC right around the corner and impending new Nokia devices, how long do you think they will wait to put them on the market?

Nokia does need to stay competitive, but I think most would agree they don't want to see a great set of devices announced then have to wait 4 months to get one.

I'm on Verizon and wanted a 920 and was super disappointed with the exclusivity. I had an HTC 8x for a couple weeks but returned it. Ready for a really amazing WP8 experience and to get away from this boring iPhone.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Really hard to say if your looking across all the models. For the 9xx series I would say one or two models a year. The others I can't comment on. Would depend upon sales/demand.

OsT Pathology

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Not really sure. I've heard rumors of a new Nokia phone coming to Verizon by the end of march on a few forums. Personally, I'm happy with my 8X, however.

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not really sure. I've heard rumors of a new Nokia phone coming to Verizon by the end of march on a few forums.

Would be ECSTATIC to see that. Just don't want to see Nokia/Verizon drop the ball AGAIN :/ Could be big for WP if they get the timing right. Also hoping it's not just an exact 920 clone for Verizon but some very impressive new specs.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There are two guys on the forums here, Honestabebread and Mr. MacPhisto, who have inside info. I don't remember which, but one said a while back that it was looking like Easter for a time frame. Of course, with Verizon being Verizon, that is subject to change, and it has been quite a while since he said it, but it at least gives us an idea what they were shooting for.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's a nugget garnered from yesterday's WPCentral Podcast (Thanks to Dan Rubino): In September, Nokia announced great new hardware - the 920, yet they were lambasted in the press and the stock market. What were the complaints? No carrier agreements announced, no ship dates announced, and no pricing. Nokia is a company that hears customer complaints and acts on them - how many times have we seen "x phone company wouldn't take care of me and I contacted Nokia directly, and they're sending me a new phone." ? Dan Rubino brings out a good point that Nokia heard those complaints, so there's a really good chance they won't make the same mistakes again. I'm going to lean on that and trust it until proven otherwise.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it matters really, Nokia will give AT&T the high end and the middle to low for everyone else. so if your not on AT&T don't hold your breath. I think this hurts WP overall the exclusive thing. Because if you want a high end WP you have to be on AT&T. I really don't see the 8x as high end.though it has a great screen res. 4.3 with 16 gb is middle road now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3