Nokia Lumia 920 Verizon Variant not announced at MWC

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a 920, so I'm all good. But I have friends on Verizon who want my phone. Do you think Verizon will get a variant or no? She wants Lumia apps, with good hardware. The screen quality (480x8007 and lack of pureview is kind of disappointing on the 822. What do you guys think?

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920, so I'm all good. But I have friends on Verizon who want my phone. Do you think Verizon will get a variant or no? She wants Lumia apps, with good hardware. The screen quality (480x8007 and lack of pureview is kind of disappointing on the 822. What do you guys think?

They'll get it and the device has been submitted to FCC for approval. The big question, is when? I'm waiting for the same thing but my patience is growing thin and I'm starting to realize that ATT is the place to be for high-end Lumias in the future. It just seems that ATT is more committed to WP than Verizon is despite what Mr. Elop and Verizon say.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
They'll get it and the device has been submitted to FCC for approval. The big question, is when? I'm waiting for the same thing but my patience is growing thin and I'm starting to realize that ATT is the place to be for high-end Lumias in the future. It just seems that ATT is more committed to WP than Verizon is despite what Mr. Elop and Verizon say.

I would buy it retail if Verizon gave it group text.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Ya, but my friends can't switch, since they are on their business plan.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Verizon is not going to subsidize a phone like ATT did for the 920. If Nokia requires that sort of deal for a high end Lumia to get to Verizon it won't happen. However I think Nokia and Verizon will team up for a high end Lumia. I think Nokia knows having a flagship only on one carrier will only get them so far, even though their deal with ATT has worked pretty well so far.

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Impatiently awaiting for 920 variant. I believe it is exclusive to ATT until (6 mo) May so we may be looking at June for the release. A bit outdated by then if you ask me. It sucks for us that want that camera incentive. Otherwise the 822 will do just fine. My Trophy 7.5 is getting me by for now but want the new os ver. with Nokia apps too.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Really, it isn't a surprise at all that they didn't announce at MWC. It's an international conference, and the phone you're wanting is directed at not only one nation, but one carrier within that nation. Myself, I still have my hopes up for a phone BETTER than the 920, to be released around Easter. I'll be disappointed, but not greatly, if it doesn't happen on that time frame, but still, I'm hoping.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Really, it isn't a surprise at all that they didn't announce at MWC. It's an international conference, and the phone you're wanting is directed at not only one nation, but one carrier within that nation. Myself, I still have my hopes up for a phone BETTER than the 920, to be released around Easter. I'll be disappointed, but not greatly, if it doesn't happen on that time frame, but still, I'm hoping.

Certainly not a surprise, but very much a disappointment. I don't think any of us Trophyers EXPECTED an anouncement, but I sure wished they had.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Impatiently awaiting for 920 variant. I believe it is exclusive to ATT until (6 mo) May so we may be looking at June for the release. A bit outdated by then if you ask me. It sucks for us that want that camera incentive. Otherwise the 822 will do just fine. My Trophy 7.5 is getting me by for now but want the new os ver. with Nokia apps too.

Do the seven-eighter to update your Trophy. WP 7.8 is nice and being able to make my Trophy look like WP8 is getting me by until, what? June - apparently.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually somewhat upset about that Tom Warren tweet. I don't really know what his defintion of soon is but mine isn't four more months lol. Hopefully his isn't either and we'll be getting a modified high end device that doesn't fall under AT&T's exclusivity. I'm hoping for a release date of February 27th, but that may be unrealistic lol.

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Hopmedic on this one. I would believe around Easter would be when it comes out. Isn't that what Honestabebread was saying in a different thread and he works for Verizon? Another interesting thing to note though is that the BB Z10 just passed through the FCC and the Nokia 920 variant passed before it, yet the Z10 is coming out at the end of this month supposedly for Verizon?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
As I said in another thread, I really do believe that Nokia is holding out on anything big until after Samsung releases the GS4. They wouldn't want their thunder stolen by the GS4 by releasing anything now. I'm guessing the announcements will happen after March 14th.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
As I said in another thread, I really do believe that Nokia is holding out on anything big until after Samsung releases the GS4. They wouldn't want their thunder stolen by the GS4 by releasing anything now. I'm guessing the announcements will happen after March 14th.

Or vice versa! Nokia should release this ASAP!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
lol @ plebeian quality for WP...

Sounds like Android fans are the ones with too much time on their hands as they have to linger around here like a bad smell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3