New Devices Expected???

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I just wanted to ask you any of you know when we can expect the new wave of WP devices to be announced. My wife has an upgrade coming May 1st. She currently has a GSII. I am just anxious to find out if we won't see anything new unitl October or perhaps something a little sooner?

Thanks in advance.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, not as of now - at least not high end. Unless Nokia or other OEMs announce a stand alone press conference, doesn't look like. By October however, chances are yes! There would be a second gen WP8 range like it's been with WP7 before Sept-Oct followed by something feature-rich, better hardware wise around holidays.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I just wanted to ask you any of you know when we can expect the new wave of WP devices to be announced. My wife has an upgrade coming May 1st. She currently has a GSII. I am just anxious to find out if we won't see anything new unitl October or perhaps something a little sooner?

Thanks in advance.

which carrier? Verizon has a Nokia device rumored for around that time.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
We're on AT&T. I was hoping Samsung or Nokia would release something by May. I suspect if there is any hope for a surface phone we will have to wait until the Oct/Nov time frame. I was disappointed in the lack of new devices for WP at MWC.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The surface phone rumor needs to die. At this point it's barely even a theoretical possibility, and very far removed from practical reality.

Otherwise, yes, new Lumias coming before October, to both big U.S. carriers. I'm guessing that May sounds good (edit: for AT&T), but it does depend on a few things that aren't yet decided, so nothing is yet written in stone.

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well AT&T is the most supported US carrier as far as windows phone, I haven't seen them go a cycle without a new phone. Seems biannually they receive a new flagship windows phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, ATT has gotten the most new WP devices in America. I haven't heard any ATT rumors for spring, but that certainly doesn't mean one isn't coming, and I would NOT be surprised if one pops up. And yes, Verizon is rumored by someone on the inside of Verizon to be coming up with a high-end Lumia around Easter, which is what I'm hoping for.

As for Surface Phone being "barely even a theoretical possibility, and very far removed from practical reality," I'm not sure how one would come to this conclusion. It certainly is a possibility. Sure, it could also be vaporware, but at this point one cannot reasonably rule it out.

Par_T

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping for new devices in Oct/Nov too! Wanting to get a phone off-contract (current one expires in Nov, don't want to go for 2 year contract again!), but don't want to pay ETF especially since I'm on Family Plan with hubby and he is enjoying his phone right now. I go back and forth on current phones, and hope Nokia will come out with a new lumia that I will like. Had HTC Titan, but no support, and call quality issue was never fixed--so, now I'm on a Samsung Focus off Craigslist and at least people can hear me when I call them! I'll be checking back for any news.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo