Six months exclusive to at&T Verizon not the only one getting a treat?

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying this is true but I want to introduce a new factor. Since the Lumia 928 is coming because the Lumia 920's 6 month limit to at&T is almost up. What if a Lumia 920 variant comes to T-mobile also? I do remember the Lumia 910 being listed on a RDA device a while back. It seems Tmo gets the X-10(710 & 810) Lumia variants. What do you think? Could a Lumia 910 be hidden somewhere or could it have been scrapped?

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying this is true but I want to introduce a new factor. Since the Lumia 928 is coming because the Lumia 920's 6 month limit to at&T is almost up. What if a Lumia 920 variant comes to T-mobile also? I do remember the Lumia 910 being listed on a RDA device a while back. It seems Tmo gets the X-10(710 & 810) Lumia variants. What do you think? Could a Lumia 910 be hidden somewhere or could it have been scrapped?

Not likely, since T-Mobile usually invests in mid-tier devices. (With the exception of the HTC 8X, Galaxy S3, Note 2, and the HTC One which will be coming soon.)
A Lumia 910 COULD be a possibility, but big magenta focuses on affordability, and Nokia likely making an exclusive flagship like the 920 for them is almost implausible.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there has been rumor of a high-end Nokia going to TMO (though I'm on Verizon so I didn't store the details away in my memory). Don't give up hope.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
there's a rumor that the lazer is going to verizon and another 920 variation, the catwalk, is going to t-mobile.

Catwalk isn't really supposed to be variant. It's the global version and a new phone with totally new design.

I doubt we will see high end vairant just for T-Mobile, but who knows.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
there's a rumor that the lazer is going to verizon and another 920 variation, the catwalk, is going to t-mobile.

I heard tthat too....i was looking at the roadmap and didn't see any high end lumias, just the 520 variant coming sometime in the next month or so...i was hoping for a high end Lumia....only time will tell! :)

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
All I know is I'm tired of the speculation. It's not T-Mobile's fault we don't have a high-end Nokia Windows Phone device. No one has had them except for AT&T and looks like Verizon is about to get lucky. I was really heartbroken when the 900 was an exclusive and let down again when the 920 was an exclusive. I'm going to test the HTC One hands on when it comes to the store and if I like it, it will probably be my next phone since I won't have to switch carriers to enjoy it. Really frustrating to have arguably the best phone for your OS tied down to one carrier. Imagine if the Galaxy S series was a Sprint exclusive or just for Verizon. I've waited long enough for this issue to be resolved. Yes, I'll miss Windows Phone if it comes to that but really I've been patient enough and Microsoft botched the long awaited 7.8 update which I had to do on my own. You just don't treat the people that want to see the OS succeed like that, and you don't alienate one of the best devices to one carrier(in the US). And I was willing to buy the 920 and unlock it for T-Mobile but you can't even do that either.smh

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
If Nokia's going to release a 920 variant for T-Mobile they need to just let us know cause I will gladly wait for it if it's confirmed by them. Otherwise, let's cut the guessing games and put the rumors to rest. Tired of getting my hopes up. Ok I'm done.lol Sorry for the rant.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
If Nokia's going to release a 920 variant for T-Mobile they need to just let us know cause I will gladly wait for it if it's confirmed by them. Otherwise, let's cut the guessing games and put the rumors to rest. Tired of getting my hopes up. Ok I'm done.lol Sorry for the rant.
I understand what you mean, but rumors are one of the big factors that keep forums busy with all sorts of banter. Either way, I don't understand why T-Mobile won't sell much flagship WP devices, but sell flagship Android phones such as Galaxy S3, Note 2, and the HTC One (which I admit is a tempting buy.)

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Im in the same situation. I will wait another month and if tmo does not get a variant, then im going with the verizon variant

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb