New ATIV Windows Phone?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Samsung will announce a new ATIV Windows Phone at their event on the 20th? I have an ATIV S and it's actually a pretty well-made and good looking phone. I use to not really like Samsung but now I do since I've had my ATIV S. No problems so far!

Feels more well made than an HTC 8X (I've owned that too) and about on-par with Nokia's Lumia devices (have had a 820 and 920.)

Maybe they'll announce the ATIV S for Sprint if they don't announce any new Windows Phone devices.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking & hoping it's a Updated Ativ-S with Galaxy 4 specs planned for Sprint. I have noticed that Microsoft started announcing their new products within 3 weeks of their release so if that trend continues that falls in the rumored timeline of the Sprint Samsung device release. And what I just said can all be wishful thinking.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking & hoping it's a Updated Ativ-S with Galaxy 4 specs planned for Sprint. I have noticed that Microsoft started announcing their new products within 3 weeks of their release so if that trend continues that falls in the rumored timeline of the Sprint Samsung device release. And what I just said can all be wishful thinking.

Not so sure it will have GS4 specs. With the release of the 925 on T-Mobile, it wouldn't make sense. Every other high-end would be under spec compared to it. If the Samsung had a quad-core, 1080p, I think a lot of people would move to Sprint. I bet it'll just be the ATIV S updated with Sprint's LTE.

I heard that with the GDR3 update it'll allow Windows Phones to have quad-core processors, 1080p screens, and up to 5' devices. Supposedly that will be out before the end of 2013. So look for new Nokia's, HTC's, and maybe a Samsung (hopefully it'll be in the US this time) phones to compete spec-wise with Android.

sukimtk

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why would any1 want to compare specs if a phone works smooth :)
I can only understand if there are games that you cant play, but every game is playable on ativ s, and lets not forget about lumia 520, only couple of games are not playable because of ram :(
And i don't think that there will be new phone
Maybe after gdr3 update... :)

sukimtk

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why would any1 want to compare specs if a phone works smooth :)
I can only understand if there are games that you cant play, but every game is playable on ativ s, and lets not forget about lumia 520, only couple of games are not playable because of ram :(
And i don't think that there will be new phone
Maybe after gdr3 update... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster