Nokia Lumia 1080/Phablet not an aluminium EOS 2

Skunkwurx

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok first off I'd like to say this is the first Thread on WPcentral and a big hello to everyone.

Ok this all started when the aluminium "EOS" leaked... I didn't realise with the first 2 photos, it wasn't until the second 2 leaked that I thought it looked quite big, too much space above the volume rocker, the rocker itself looked too long, too much space below the camera button... It couldn't be like the Poly EOS leak because the hump is tiny in comparison and the camera is centred...
I started out by compairing the button layouts on the 9xx and EOS
One comp.jpg
920 and 925 in blue, 928 in green and EOS in red
Two comp.jpg

I realised two things from this... First I realised that the buttons change position only slightly, (no chance for the same ratio everytime to make it easy to see if the Aluminium EOS(AEOS) is bigger or not)... Second is that even across the range into 820 and 720 the buttons are the same size, so something to go on... Also the 928 has quite a "high" camera button like the AEOS and the power and volume are raised quite a bit as well, all the while the 925 has the exact layout of the 920
Now the next image is a comparison of the AEOS and 9xx, I used the size of the buttons to get the height of the 9xx's... The volume rocker on AEOS is huge, if I equal the size of that with the 9xx's the power and camera are tiny so I say its a larger volume (plus I made slightly bigger for perspective anyway and still)...
Three Comp.jpg

The 928 Camera is nearly exactly the same height, But the power is lower than any 9xx suggesting the phone is quite tall... The volume is bigger as I said but still quite distant from the top, another sign of a tall phone... And mainly its not the same as the Poly EOS... Also throwing off everything was the perspective of both AEOS shots... The "flat" image is thinner at the bottom and also is shorter in total because of this, the same goes for the side on shot, your not seeing true height...
Then I saw it.... the top down shot showing the machining oh the sim/sd slot and USB.... Comparingit with a 920 gives INSTANT results.... I fixed the perspective of the "flat AEOS" shot so I could see its true height.... This is what I got
Four Comp.jpg

This Phone is substantially larger than the 9xx's... This is why I believe its a new 1080p phablet using Nokia's new Design language (some of which isn't even out like the camera hump (unless you count the 925)) of Aluminium, camera hump that contains pureview, curved front glass (if u look at the side on photo you'll see the top and bottom have lips on the left) all while keeping the Poly shape... The bottom bar I assume is for the antenna... I also saw something weird that's probably the perspective...
Comp 5.jpg
The phone seems to bend.....

Anyway that's my 2 cents... I know I went bit in depth at the start but wanted to cover bases so yea... Enjoy

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Those are some hell of a pennies. Welcome and for me, I'll need more convincing as to what this is, EOS and your images. But again, hell of a couple pennies.

sciencefair

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Nice work. I believe you can go a step further and compare the dual LED to see if the size of the camera unit's hole is the same size as the 920's camera unit (it's square shaped, and the whole camera portion will likely be covered by a circular cap like the 1020.)

The seam in the aluminum shell above the camera has been bothering me every time I saw these pictures, but I just realized it's likely purposeful in the same way the 925, iPhone 4/5, and HTC One all have seams in the aluminum for proper antenna performance.

I wonder if the darker bottom portion is plastic as well. That's appeared in every shot of this shell, so it must be a deliberate design element.

Skunkwurx

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Nice work. I believe you can go a step further and compare the dual LED to see if the size of the camera unit's hole is the same size as the 920's camera unit (it's square shaped, and the whole camera portion will likely be covered by a circular cap like the 1020.)

I was also thinking this, the hole looks perfect for the same style dual LED from the 920... It would be good if Nokia started giving Pureview love to more than the 9xx's...
but yea there is defiantly something up with the dark part... and the HTC and iPhone aren't solid like this... the outside of the htc is broken into bits for the antenna just like the 925, This however looks like a Lumia poly body that just so happens to be aluminium... so yea I don't know...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I do agree with you on this. Though I have heard enough from insiders that there's no such thing as EOS2. This one will likely circle more around the spec that GDR3 brings, plus aluminium, rather than camera.

Of course this device could still be anything. Experimental material tries, making of protos that never come out or even nothing related to Nokia. I really hope this is the Nokia phablet for Nokia World 2013.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3