We've seen the Nokia 1020... so what's next from Nokia?

Hydrated

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm holding off on upgrading my Lumia 920... I saw the 1020 and decided to pass. Mainly because the specs are close to my 920 and I'd rarely use that great camera.

So I'm trying to get an idea of what's coming next and when...

Usually we see leaks and rumors months ahead of a new release, but it seems awfully quiet out there right now. All of the chatter seems to be about phablets and GDR3 itself. And I'm not interested in a phablet.

But can anybody tell me what the latest rumors are for what's coming down the road and when it's rumored to come to us... especially with Nokia?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm holding off on upgrading my Lumia 920... I saw the 1020 and decided to pass. Mainly because the specs are close to my 920 and I'd rarely use that great camera.

So I'm trying to get an idea of what's coming next and when...

Usually we see leaks and rumors months ahead of a new release, but it seems awfully quiet out there right now. All of the chatter seems to be about phablets and GDR3 itself. And I'm not interested in a phablet.

But can anybody tell me what the latest rumors are for what's coming down the road and when it's rumored to come to us... especially with Nokia?

My guess is that the direct upgrade to the 920 will be called the 930... That's all I got

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If anything the place is full of rumors. Next is phablet that the GDR3 is totally geared towards. There's also rumors about 8xx series phone, but I very much doubt there will Lumia 920 sized flagship this year or even Q1 next year. The incomig phablet is the flagship.
There would at least be some shady rumors about it, there's none.
My guess is that the direct upgrade to the 920 will be called the 930... That's all I got
Does it really matter what it will be called?

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After the phablet, I'm guessing there will be something ultra thin utilizing a Pelican camera module for refocusing and 3D graphic generation.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anything will happen till Windows Phone 8.1 comes out. I feel that Microsoft already feels that consumers are already getting disappointed by rehashes of the same specs on phones. Nokia can only push the boundaries so far (2GB ram, redesigned camera interface) before even they can't find things to innovate on the current GDR2

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think the "true" sequel to the 920 will arrive, to me i don't think the 1020 is a true successor.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally, i believe the true successor of 920 will be what they'll launch with the release of wp 8.1. Will probably be a quad core 2 gb ram 32 gb memory 1080p 4.5-5 inch display. The camera will definitely be an OIS pureview with a 12-20 megapixel sensor. I dont think it will have the 41 megapixel monster coz thats what nokia will reserve for the next iteration of 1020. And hopefully we can expect it sometime in march-april next year.

I just hope that nokia can work on increasing battery capacity for such a phone, 2000 mAh is too less. A 4000 mAh battery would just be great.

Edit: and probably like the 1020, we will have a variant of it with the full blown camera module.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
It's already been noted that the a Tablet and Phablet are up next for Nokia, in that order. There could be other mid-releases i.e. carrier specific devices along the way too.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wanna see Nokia push the boundaries of some field again. Nokia has already established themselves as a company that can lead the pack in photography and mapping. Perhaps the 930 will bring a new age in weight? I'd love to see some sort of utilization of that huge research grant with graphene come to some early use. even if it's just coating the sides with graphene like the 925 did with aluminum. Something that no one has done before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss