Any other new phones rumored to come out?

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm bored of the L920 and want a new phone. Thinking about the L1020, but I want to get the "newest" phone.

The 1520 looks great, but Might be a little too big. Although, I don't own a tablet so this might be perfect for me.

Anything else rumored to come out?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You won't have to wait long. Whatever is the latest and greatest today, won't be the latest and greatest in 6 months from now. Mobile Technology moves fast.

another visitor

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If HTC can make something comparable to Nokia's upcoming device and include Beats audio... I may switch back. Beats audio was fantastic with my 8x and boy do I miss it!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you willing to trade support+exclusive apps for beats audio?

Well I haven't had a problem with HTC support in the past and I found that I only use Nokia exclusive apps occasionally (not nearly what I thought I would). I've had both so I know, and when I was with HTC everybody said switch to Nokia so I did. Just saying the grass isn't much greener on the other side. I guess what HTC offered fit my lifestyle a little more than what Nokia is offering right now.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
While the apps can be a big depending on the use, I do find some of the deeper integration Nokia has brought with Glance Screen (especially as notifications are finally added), system equalizer and sound settings, screen adjustments from the settings. I found Nokia's amber update being bigger thing for me, than Windows Phone GDR2 update.

But then of course when Nokia's Devices & Services are combined with MS somewhere next year, those exclusives might change.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
There is a HTC Harmony rumored too. Could be the WP version of the One.
Windows Phone update detailed in leaked screenshots, includes multitasking changes | The Verge
"The Verge can confirm that all the screenshots and features are genuine. Microsoft is currently testing the update, which will debut first on the Nokia Lumia 1520 and a HTC Harmony device, and is expected to start rolling it out to existing devices later this year."
I can't wait to see what HTC has in store. However, if its not an HTC One variant, pass..

kayb27

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I think I read a while back that Nokia was launching the Lumia 1020 in the summer and a second version of the 1020 (so to speak) for the holidays or early next year. I could be mixed up and that second phone may be the Bandit. If anyone else can chime in I'd appreciate it.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You mean to tell me that the 1520 and it's variants are the only new phones coming the rest of this year?!! What about a follow up to the 920, a new line, etc? Say it aint so.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There is no way they can afford to go into this holiday season with only the 1520 coming out and only on 1 carrier. That will be suicide and WP will not survive it. This is a very important holiday sales season coming up especially considering the have a little momentum and public awareness at the moment. And no, a mid level phone from Samsung will not be enough.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Nokia will have a lot of pokers in the fire, but most will be mid to low tier devices in my opinion. I can see several version of the 1520 coming out, but I doubt anything else high end. Nokia won't cut their own throat. If both AT&T and Verizon get the 1520, then expect them to push that without another "Hero" phone to steal their first phablet device (which they do not want to call a phablet. Can hardly wait to see how they package it.).

I am betting a 1020 upgrade with 8.1, not before. Next 9xx with 8.1 as well. Let us hope an end to the exclusive crap.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I haven't had a problem with HTC support in the past and I found that I only use Nokia exclusive apps occasionally (not nearly what I thought I would). I've had both so I know, and when I was with HTC everybody said switch to Nokia so I did. Just saying the grass isn't much greener on the other side. I guess what HTC offered fit my lifestyle a little more than what Nokia is offering right now.

Will give HTC this: They are pumping some serious speakers in their devices. I could easily see that as their saving grace in all their devices, WP or Android. It hasn't helped them turn the corner yet, but I hope they stick with it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thought there was a 929 coming too?

Note3 can split the screen and have 2 apps at once. Obviously we have no idea what the 1520 will be able to do. Seeing as win8 can do split screen its at least possible that the 1520 will be able to do so.

I am switching to a "phablet" for this contract period.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thought there was a 929 coming too?

Note3 can split the screen and have 2 apps at once. Obviously we have no idea what the 1520 will be able to do. Seeing as win8 can do split screen its at least possible that the 1520 will be able to do so.

I am switching to a "phablet" for this contract period.

If GDR3 had it we would have leaks by now... I can't remember the last time I was surprised during a keynote in the last 3 years!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss