Rumor: Lumia 940, Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile:

MicrosoftMobile4me

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
My contract, on AT&T, with an HTC 8x was up in December 2014. I'm still waiting for an upgrade from Microsoft. The 830 has a Snapdragon 400 and the 1520 is too big for me. I know Windows runs buttery smooth on the 830, but I want a 5" 1080p phone with an 800 processor or higher, and 128 gb sd card support. I'm not saying Microsoft has to make the phone, I'm just saying I will not buy a phone from them unless it has at least those specs. The clock is ticking because the two year old HTC 8x will not last forever. Call me greedy because I want an 800 processor, a 5" 1080p screen, and 128 gb sd card support on an AT&T phone, but I really don't think I'm asking too much.

Mike Waechter

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My contract, on AT&T, with an HTC 8x was up in December 2014. I'm still waiting for an upgrade from Microsoft. The 830 has a Snapdragon 400 and the 1520 is too big for me. I know Windows runs buttery smooth on the 830, but I want a 5" 1080p phone with an 800 processor or higher, and 128 gb sd card support. I'm not saying Microsoft has to make the phone, I'm just saying I will not buy a phone from them unless it has at least those specs. The clock is ticking because the two year old HTC 8x will not last forever. Call me greedy because I want an 800 processor, a 5" 1080p screen, and 128 gb sd card support on an AT&T phone, but I really don't think I'm asking too much.

Yep! So much potential... But that's what this ecosystem is known for. My HTC 8x screen cracked and sold it on eBay for parts but I now wish I kept it and replaced the screen.

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Whoa 3 gigs of RAM? Sounds powerful, fingers crossed for this one and I think it's gonna be very pricey, but considering this will probably gonna be flagship it's understandable, I hope MS will make low end version but with minimum 1 gig, no more 512 MB, so I can switch from my current Lumia 530 to new one, LOL

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope its slim like the 925 or 830, and I hope the 5 inch thing is true, otherwise im out. I opt for the 830 over the 930 because the 930 was too thick and heavy for my liking.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The only reason to buy a "flagship" phone is either to show off to iPhone6 friends or because you need it for the better camera (aka 1020), because you're into photography and/or video.

Other than that, look at the 830, 930 phones (or the 1520 if you want bigger). Very well priced hardware and absolutely capable of... making calls :)

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking that the IBT article is crud. It reads like a copy and paste article made up to look like news. A collage of news if you will. The amount of times I go on sites like that and just shake my head in frustration.

My preferred news sources are WC, then Thurrott, then MJF. There are a couple more I may look at, but they are the top 3.

As for flagships, I'm saying early q3, and then more in q4. MS must know that the 1030 and 940 are in need of some loving. The 1330 is gonna be in there too as is a 1530. Whatever they release, the devices will have to tick a few boxes:

Regular but decent (9...)
Niche usp phone (1030)
Niche large flagship (15..)
Lower spec large thing (13..).

I do worry that any summer release will be the type of phone I want (1030), but be just short on something else, like the qi, which I really like as a feature. Thankfully, I never got into the glance feature, although I suspect that will become standard on the flagships.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
? With all the wants and needs that's being thrown around surrounding what may come with the W10 announcements shortly, has anyone ever put any thought into it as to whether W10 will somehow stop devs from discontinuing their app support on the platform. We all love to point fingers at the devs for shabby work on apps and almost non-existent work on the more pop apps. Tbh MS is the one to hold all blame for what's happening on this OS as it's commonsense that devs need to see numbers in any OS in order to make decent or to want to make decent apps for the OS, how can that occur if us the consumers looking on at the WP OS and see that it's still in transition and yet at this point still missing areas within itself that been commonplace for a while on others. Do you truly expect that we the consumers will see MS now put all that's avl in the W10 OS for mobile devices and not think that maybe they'll be slow to make improvements or be innovative. The issue MS has right now in their battle with ANDROID and IOS is that consumers are COMFORTABLE with what they have either upgrading to a newer device or in some few instances switch OSes.

I love WP and I want the best for it but seriously WP8.1 was announced in early 2014 between Jan & Mar and I didn't get it until Sep, here still waiting for Denim(WP8.1.1), and WP8.1.2. It takes too long a process to get updates to make the OS seem as if it's catching up to IOS and Android. With all the advancements in Tech today should we really be catching up at this point. Come to f..k on....... Live Folders!!!! That should have been a given with Cyan. When MS can develop an OS that will actually make the consumers believe they're not losing out on anything then the devs will be encouraged to improve what's avl and dev new apps for the OS given the response to consumers actually going into the stores and purchasing the devices. The issue still remains that consumers will not buy any device on any OS knowing that the ability to get EVERY popular app isn't there. So with that said where does it start, OS or DEV?

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I maybe optimistic but I have a feeling the removal of a lot of the larger apps developers may just be working to reintroduce Universal versions...hopefully.

RL76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: 940 Specs. Legit?

if that that's true, i'm getting 1. i hope t-mobile will get it and won't be exclusive only to ATT...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes