Lumia 740 Metal finish design leaked-First full metal body WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 phone concept1.jpg

is MS planing to make all the mid-range and high-end phones in premium metal finish?will this gain more market share it it does?Definitely many people buy a phone just for its look,thats the reason many still buy iphones.premium look makes the phone feel more reliable and more valuable for the money we paid.if we pay more money and if we still get just colourful plastic phone(even though high spec under the hood) doesn't mean much.Even lumia 1520 with plastic body doesn't look as premium as it should for its price.Most of the lumia phones look cheap compared to other phones because of its plastic and fancy colour panels.I think with simple but sleek metal design and with windows logo at the back might make lots of chances,and increase lot of customers. definitely look matters, many will buy windows phones if it looks more premium.will Microsoft focus on making premium looking phones?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 95278

is MS planing to make all the mid-range and high-end phones in premium metal finish?will this gain more market share it it does?Definitely many people buy a phone just for its look,thats the reason many still buy iphones.premium look makes the phone feel more reliable and more valuable for the money we paid.if we pay more money and if we still get just colourful plastic phone(even though high spec under the hood) doesn't mean much.Even lumia 1520 with plastic body doesn't look as premium as it should for its price.Most of the lumia phones look cheap compared to other phones because of its plastic and fancy colour panels.I think with simple but sleek metal design and with windows logo at the back might make lots of chances,and increase lot of customers. definitely look matters, many will buy windows phones if it looks more premium.will Microsoft focus on making premium looking phones?

Or you can just get a 730/735 in white?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
As stylish as that concept is, it's not a Rumoured device. And we can see that the Microsoft name shouldn't be beside the Windows logo, it should be either above or below the Windows Logo at the bottom part of the concept because as you can see it doesn't look centered. Also is that supposed to be the windows logo below the camera? It looks horrible! It's 4 colored squares not 4 metallic rectangles!

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Yep and probably buy the cat that's making the post. 7 posts in and a hate speech about Lumia? Completely suspect IMHO.

wow Sherlock Holmes..how did you find out? how do you mean a hate speech about lumia?did i say anywhere i hate Lumia?read the post properly before you say anything.I adore lumia,and i am a great fan of windows and that's the reason I want it to be even more premium in look with metal finish,because it deserves it..Most of my friends use iphones just because of it's look and half-bitten apple logo,and some of them really like WPs but hesitate to buy one because they think that it doesn't look as good as their iphones.Lot of people these days are very much concerned about how their phone looks.It occurred to me that if MS makes more premium looking devices on par with iphones it could win lot of customers.So to see how people think about it, I just crudely edited this pic and posted.I agree i am not an expert in Photoshop,but the purpose of the posted is just to give an idea what would a premium lumia phone looks like.I gave this tittle just to attract the attention,and wanted to know what people think about wp with metal finish premium look.instead of cherry picking the flaws in the pic just give your opinion on this,or just P**s off.having 7 post doesn't mean I am new here.Having 3290 posts including the useless one you posted here doesn't mean a S**t.read the post properly then comment.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No source.....so all rumor only. Its funny to put a 'like Blockbuster' forum post headline so that ppl will start wasting their time with it ... lol

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry mate but please stop making so many threads about wanting a metal Lumia, it's getting tiring! Why not buy an HTC? Let that be their niche.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Metal body phones look nice,premium and all....But not practical in real life! I work a dirty job outside, and hell id be too scared to use the thing incase of a scratch or dents....the amount of iphones and htc with scratched and dented is amazing. Yeah stick it in a case you say? But that defeats the point of having a nice looking premium shining device. With my Lumia just swap the cover and done. Lumias covers look cool in my eyes. Metal doesn't.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I think WP is a great phone so it deserves great look too..what's wrong in that?

But do you realize that lumia's /aren't/ metal for a reason? Plastic allows for better reception, it also hides wear, and more difficult to bend, apple is showing quite clearly why metal phones are a nono, they look sleek, they add NOTHING more.. and in fact, take a lot more functionality for it, its plain and simply a con.

Also, stop being a useless ****** tool and change the title to "my 740 concept design" If you think your idea is so cool, then why do you feel the need to trick people?

Last edited:

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
But do you realize that lumia's /aren't/ metal for a reason? plastic allows for better reception, it also hides wear, and more difficult to bend, apple is showing quite clearly why metal phones are a nono, they look sleek, they add NOTHING more and infact take a lot more functionality for it, its plain and simply a con.

also, stop being a useless ****** tool and change the title to "my 740 concept design"

Thank you, someone else who sees sense!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom