Can the "flagship" live up to expectations?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Whose expectations?

The whiny crowd here who call themselves WP fans?

Not a chance. The only way it would, is if the phone somehow morphs to be about 4 different sizes, has 16 GB RAM, 3 TB storage, 82 MP camera (front & back), bulletproof screen, etc.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Difficult for them to fix that part though. They can't make people/companies create apps.

If MS creates the app for them, then other companies may expect the same.

Undoubtedly, there is an app issue. And it is not a quantity thing, it is about quality, and about the top apps. They need the top 100 Android/IOS apps. The Snapchats, the Instagrams, the facebooks etc.

To be honest, the attitude of most of those companies would cause me to consider making my own version all in one thing. The Snapchat/instagram thing is surely child's play to replicate. Same with that Whatsapp thing. Surely they could add all of those things into Skype.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
This is my point exactly. I'm primarily a blackberry user but I bought a Nokia 635 for Microsoft aspect specifically and $50 was dirt cheap for phone. I can't help but notice that ecosystem problem is hampering both OS market share.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
For me, the integration of W10 is a big draw. I just bought a new laptop with 8.1 on, and it has dragged so many bits over that I am hugely impressed. My passwords, my favourites etc. W10 universal apps are a great idea.

Then you add the flagship phone in to the mix, and I will be a happy shopper. I'll be honest, I am setting my sights in a sensible range, so I shouldn't be disappointed. Qi wireless charging is an essential. A 1080 screen, with 2 or 3 GB RAM. An 810 Snapdragon. inside. 20MP camera with a top class sensor. Front at 5MP with a wide angle. A 5.1 inch screen and a 2800 battery. Capacitive buttons, not on screen. As you can see, they don't have to go much beyond what they already offer in other phones (735,930,1520).

To be fair, it is difficult for me to believe they will offer less than the above specs. If they want to exceed expectations, then they can add:
a bigger battery
3GB RAM
Snapdragon 820
Some fancy Iris scan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo