Design of 950 & 950XL and W10M not good?

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Was hoping for a better looking flagships by MS but they just ruined the beauty of Lumia phones. First they brought on screens and now they made the edges round and with no metallic frame.. They dont look like successors of 930/1520. And with W10M sucking and not finding the new OS attractive will you still buy the flagships or any other WP device or switch to android or iOS? :/

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I will stay with MS as W10M is still TP and it's expected to suck. Every OS suck at thus stage. :) Android keeps sucking even after this stage. :)
Anyway, I don't like the design of 950/950xl because of camera bump and I found them too big for me. Will wait for more compact phone from MS with simillar specs. And yeah, I guess, MS has some better designs but keeping them for Surface phones.

frith360

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
After reading numerous tech blogs' comments' section, I think I might be the only one who really likes the design on this phone. I think it's slick as hell looking, I just hope the camera continues the pureview tradition of being amazing (I love the burst on my GS6 Edge, but miss the clarity I could get with my 1020).

Everyone has a different opinion, I think the 950 XL in Blue is a sexy looking handset.

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I love the looks of these phones! I love the rounded corners and the sleek design of the 950. Idk what everyone's deal is. And to be honest everyone says the ICON and the 930 were great, but they are terrible.
1. The phones are hard to hold because of the corners and the slippery aluminum
2. The battery life sucks.
3. The phone is constantly hot.
4. The screen has problems with response to touch around the edges of the touch screen.
5. And last but not least the dang aluminum is so easy to dent.

I'm ready for the new Lumia 950 LIKE NOW!!! <3

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm quite happy with the improvements ade to Windows 10 mobile and expect to be more pleased when I get to use features like Continuum. Of course, it is still a "technical preview" so it's not at all optimized.

As I understand it, these new flagships were still developed under Nokia. As such, they look just how I'd suspect, which is very similar to the last few phones released (640; 640 XL; 735). Remember that Lumias have received some praise and even awards for it's design, and some people love them so it's hard to abandon that.

I would be surprised if we don't see some major changes next year when phones come out that are completely designed and developed under Microsoft.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I will stay with MS as W10M is still TP and it's expected to suck. Every OS suck at thus stage. :) Android keeps sucking even after this stage. :)
Anyway, I don't like the design of 950/950xl because of camera bump and I found them too big for me. Will wait for more compact phone from MS with simillar specs. And yeah, I guess, MS has some better designs but keeping them for Surface phones.
The metal frame man.. They should've used that.. :/

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
@jacob103 I had 930 and have to disagree with almost everything.
1. Not hard to hold, never falled out of my hand. Aluminium on 930 is not slippery.
2. Batt life is decent for medium users. Every phobe will discharge after few hours of playing games. For normal use it's one day, from 6am to 9pm. Besides, you don't know how batt will be on 950.
3. It's warm, not hot. Only when playing demanding games.
4. Never had any screen problems.
5. Only scratches on aluminium came because i was stupid enough to use knife when replacing white back cover for orange one. :)

I don't want to blind defend 930. I sold it because it was too big and heavy for me. Only thing I don't like about 950 is it's size, on screen buttons (I have it on my 735 and ones on 930 were better) and camera bump.
As I said- if MS make more compact model I'll be all over it. :)

Dreaming Silver

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Agree. Who knows, maybe these aren't final designs!

I really hope that's the case and there is still some time to review the designs. Maybe MS could listen to the feedback that's coming in on these renders and make a last minute change.

I don't think the designs are terrible, they are just very bland and cheap looking. Basically every amateur render posted on these forums has been more interesting and exciting than this 'leak'.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If they sell this ugly phones for 400 bucks I'm in, but if they want to sell them as premium phones they should have used premium look as well. They are really ugly.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
And yes the new Lumias as rumored, so take this with a grain if salt they say, will be pricier than the current Lumias or even iPhone.. Although I don't think so. Maybe the Surface phone will.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Remember, according to various wc members, if you like these phones you are blind fanboys and we are the reason why windows phone doesn't grow. Lmao.

That being said I like the designs a lot. I'd prefer a 930 esque design but I am not opposed to these either and will be buying one or the other depending which comes to the carrier
I am using .

I guess I ama blind ******;)

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I think the design is nothing close to inspiring, yet it's build to last and not break in the first time and Its actually something I would design my self using logic. Only concern are those sharp edges, which are more prone to damage than curved surfaces. Look at the Eggs..

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
No. If these are the flagship phones fans would love acdg to Nadella then he must be joking. I am still waiting for that Surface Phone to fill up the MS business phone category.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Cheap plastic, I don't know what is in MS mind? This design looks like the design of Galaxy Mega 2 series smartphones that had cheap plastic and happened to look bulky.

Look at note 5 and iPhone 6 Plus. Despite having huge size, these devices doesn't look like some cheap bulky brick, but rather look premium and sophisticated.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
It depends on the colours and materials when you see the real phone.

I like the back of the phone.

It has to be admitted that it is similar to existing Lumia phones. Well, don't iPhones look almost the same from one generation to the next? If one thinks it is ugly, then all previous Lumia phones are also ugly (which I don't agree).

I am confident that it would look slightly better than 930. And as it is slimmer, it should also look better.

And the low-quality of the rumored photo affects our perception.

Relax...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3