I like the Cityman & Talkman

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I think they look good. I'm buying one if not both.

Let the rage begin.

I couldnt ageee more,,although these are still just rendsers and leaks i like the look there going for,, if the actuall product looks anything like those I'd be more than happy.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this thread. I feel the same way. I think I was on my 4th Microsoft smart phone on Verizon when the IPhone came out. I always loved removable batteries but felt there would never be another flagship with one let alone a Windows flagship. When I first seen the specifications I could not believe it was true. I could not ask for more. In southeast Iowa Verizon is the only carrier that has traditionally great coverage and good selection of phones. Now that they are not supporting Windows I am concerned. I doubt if my ATIV-SE will ever get Windows 10 and firmware to match. If the price for the new Microsoft phones is reasonable and I can find a carrier I would get the small one for my wife and the big one for myself.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this thread. I feel the same way. I think I was on my 4th Microsoft smart phone on Verizon when the IPhone came out. I always loved removable batteries but felt there would never be another flagship with one let alone a Windows flagship. When I first seen the specifications I could not believe it was true. I could not ask for more. In southeast Iowa Verizon is the only carrier that has traditionally great coverage and good selection of phones. Now that they are not supporting Windows I am concerned. I doubt if my ATIV-SE will ever get Windows 10 and firmware to match. If the price for the new Microsoft phones is reasonable and I can find a carrier I would get the small one for my wife and the big one for myself.

Is it for sure that Verizon will no longer be supporting Windows phones?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't say for sure but is does not look good. Verizon always keeps their cards close to there chest. You would never know if you were going to get the the windows phone update until it came out. In the past models had to be specific for Verizon's CDMA network. Very doubtful if these phones will work on Verizon. There has been some articles that led me to believe the partnership was over.
Microsoft's Cityman and Talkman flagship Lumia phones and what you need to know | Windows Central
https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/3ecq5c/report_microsoft_is_ending_relationship_with/
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ve...icial-no-more-windows-phone-handsets-all.html

It would be great if these two phones could be on Verizon. Not optimistic. :)

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It is pretty much certain that verizon will not carry these phones. One insider on here with a pretty good track record has said that the unlocked phones will be able to work on Verizon's network. I dont like the designs at all but love the specs and removable batteries so I hope this is true. They may not be perfect but I would love to have one of these phones.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3