Lumia design next year (2016) will be as good as the Android phone?

isaac lee ishida

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia phone market in my country is dying. More worse when the currency is unstable, the price more expensive.
At the same time android phone is also on sale at more expensive price, but android phone like samsung galaxy edge
and LG G4 still in high demand. Why samsung galaxy 6 edge and LG G4 is still in high demand even selling at a
very expensive price? This is because the design of phones like Samsung galaxy 6 edge and LG G4 attract the
attention of buyers. When the price is very expensive, buyers will purchase a smartphone that has all the packages
in a single product. Nowadays the phone is not just a phone, but part of fashion. Considering the specifications
of all smartphone is quite similar, the design will play a role in attracting buyers. And Lumia phone, does not
have the eye-catching designs. In my opinion, the design is interesting is that Lumia 925, Lumia Icon and Lumia 1020.
Meanwhile Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL will not be able to attract buyers in my country. Although the hardware on the
Lumia 950 XL is quite recent, but its design is very boring, although Panos Panay maybe do something on the Lumia phone next year,
but apparently Panos Panay focus more on "Surface Phone". I guarantee Surface Phone will have a great design, but would aim
"business category". Maybe it targets for the businessman, but what about the Lumia Phone? what design concept will be used?
What type of material will be applied? or the design will remain boring ???

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Personally I think the Lumia 950 + 950 XL look great.
With the release of Windows 10 more people are likely to become aware of Windows Phones.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Since Nokia joined with Microsoft in Windows Phone, they produced bright, bold phones that are very distinctive and different from what else was out there. Unfortunately, it didn't translate to significant sales against the competition. While the 950 & 950XL may look bland (again, those who see it in person said it looks much better than pics suggest), the specs are still solid, so I don't think it will hurt sales.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It's an interesting phone, I may look at it again. But for now my 640 is just fine. After they push out W10 for the 640 I will see if its the way I want to go. If I prefer 8.1 no since in getting a 950. More waiting.

isaac lee ishida

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Before I look Lumia 950 by myself, I'm not sure about the negative comments regarding the design of the Lumia 950. But when I see it and use it (demo unit), and compare it with the previous Lumia design and some android phone ... I realized design is quite outdated. For me the design Lumia 925 is better than Lumia 950.

Roger Stenson

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I have an now beginning to think that my long term loyalty to Microsoft has been an error.

My most used phone now is an Apple 6 plus and my moribund band is in the drawer with my 950X

I am in a so much better space. I can also enjoy the best of MS on my Apple kit..

Microsoft's unified OS vision is excellent but the 'new paradigm' does not trump the pitiful lack of apps and features that is the state of Windows mobile and it never will, however sophisticated it gets. With the delays to the Surface phone there soon won't be a market space to win back

I am beginning to believe that with its ever-diminishing market share MS does not have the fire power to match the opposition. Even the quality is diving. The dominant feature of Windows Central is bug fixes and Xbox Games

Roger Stenson

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
They should partner with Mozo and have covers built for their future phones with Windows logo, many who have 950/XL with mozo cases are loving their phones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett