Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys I guess iam the lucky one who has no bugs yet...iam on lumia 1020 india...apart from store livetile everything is working fine...thou battery life is little less as its adjusting and needs more battery cycle and may be iam using my phone little bit more. ...thou after official cyan anf 8.1 is available. ..I will go back to 8 and update to cyan and then dp 8.1.1

volam

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I see thet we now have a new feature 'Bracketing' (taking multiple pictures at different exposure levels) in 8.1 Update 1. Cool.

rk11star

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion nd Problem Solving Thread

Select your speech language to English uk and location on

anon5999636

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Guys I guess iam the lucky one who has no bugs yet...iam on lumia 1020 india...apart from store livetile everything is working fine...thou battery life is little less as its adjusting and needs more battery cycle and may be iam using my phone little bit more. ...thou after official cyan anf 8.1 is available. ..I will go back to 8 and update to cyan and then dp 8.1.1

About The Store Live tile: Have you tried to delete your tile and then pin it again?

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
So at the end of the install, it said that the Live Lock Beta wasn't compatible and gave the option to buy or uninstall. I choose uninstall and assumed that it might be the cause for this "Resuming" issue but, if it's uninstalled, what changes did it make that are still affecting the OS? After having Joe show this off on stage, I would've thought it was clean. Can understand that it maybe should have had this update as a prerequisite but, I'm just looking for a fix now.

Did you try installing Live lock screen beta? if yes, thats the reason

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

For me also store live tile not working...
Make sure background tasks fr store is enabled in battery saver app....you should also unpin the tile and repin it to the start screen after making the changes....if the store still doesn't show it....perform a soft reset....(hold vol down +power button until phone reboots automatically....) it should fix it surely

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So at the end of the install, it said that the Live Lock Beta wasn't compatible and gave the option to buy or uninstall. I choose uninstall and assumed that it might be the cause for this "Resuming" issue but, if it's uninstalled, what changes did it make that are still affecting the OS? After having Joe show this off on stage, I would've thought it was clean. Can understand that it maybe should have had this update as a prerequisite but, I'm just looking for a fix now.

Live lock beta app is still working in L520 with DP8.1 updated to GDR1, also got that message but I thing it needed some kind of installing thing to do among other apps, so it showed that because it was not properly installed after the update.
Still showing some bugs....

edwardtkl

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
After the update, my 1520 got several issues

1. Nokia Camera not loading (solved by reinstall)
2. Whatsapp could not open any message thread
3. LINE not loading
4. Display setting not loading

Rob Toro

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

myTube just broke because this update, it's keep force closing. does anyone having the same problem?

Don't know if its related or not, but I can't play any YouTube videos at all since installing 8.1 Update.
Every video throws a "Decode Error" message.

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply! Here is what I have done/noticed since the update. I did remove the live folder (not saying this is the cause) but I did a full charge today and have noticed something interesting and strange. The charge has said (with two battery apps) I have 14-15 hours remaining ALL DAY. However, the % drop is very consistent with pre GDR1 update. I wonder if the battery is not accurately showing. Has anyone else seen this?
Did you do soft reset by any chance? if yes i have seen this too it said 17 hours all day....but after last charge and a whole night now it shows correctly. However i have 7 live folders created and will monitor the battery for two days...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234