03-08-2017 02:09 PM
48 12
tools
    There is a long workaround. But it involves is going back to 8, then updating to cyan. Downloading the uk speech them became possible. Then go on updating by installing dp
    In my case, Cyan for 920 is already available via data package manager and Nokia recovery tool, so don't have to downgrade to 8 anymore, just flash back to Cyan directly.
    08-23-2014 12:29 PM
    Yes, I done the same and used the recovery manager.

As I couldn't wait to see when the issue might get fix.
    Lost my game data but, at least now I can use Cortana.
    08-23-2014 05:53 PM
    I'm also facing the same prob i'm not able to cortana in India.. Need a fix soon...
    08-23-2014 11:09 PM
    I'm Also facing the same prob.. after the 8.1.1 update not able to download speech language.. need a fix .. i'm not able to use cortana in India..
    08-23-2014 11:11 PM
    missing cortana, need fix for this issue
    08-24-2014 10:09 AM
    I can confirm the same issue on AT&T Lumia 1520, and French CV Lumia 920. Both have latest DP updates. I found this out by flashing my 920 to Cyan since it was stuck on DP and Black. Good thing it's now just a secondary, developer only device and the 1520 is obviously already English US. Just wanted to add to this forum.
    08-24-2014 08:32 PM
    Why wpcentral is not making any post regarding this issue? I had tipped them yesterday!
    dfmos likes this.
    08-24-2014 11:54 PM
    Same issue, both Speech and Text Predictions. Started since flashing the latest Cyan update and updating via DP before trying anything else.

Update 1: Reverted back to Cyan via the refurbish process. Will now try to download speech and predictions before the DP updates.

Update 2: Can confirm speech and text recognition download works well before the DP update.
    Last edited by Alon Rozenblit; 08-25-2014 at 02:39 AM.
    08-25-2014 01:35 AM
    Same issue, 920 running Cyan unbranded Australian variant + Update 1 DP. Other phones on the same network don't have the same problem, so it's not a speed or connectivity issue. Recovered to Cyan, can install extra speech languages no problem. But if I factory reset after updating to the DP the problem reappears.
    08-25-2014 04:28 AM
    Facing the same issue on 620 Indian Varient
    Flashed to cyan via NSRT..
    Updated to update 1 through PFD..
    cant install speech/keyboard
    Nd thus cant use cortana.. Surprisingly my cortana shows as Beta in India.. Any way i cant use it as i dont have speech installed
    08-25-2014 11:12 AM
    Why wpcentral is not making any post regarding this issue? I had tipped them yesterday!
    Simple. We don't do articles on every single bug or issue some users are experiencing. That's not what our front page is for, as Microsoft and Nokia read and use our forums too. We are also talking about the Preview for Developers, which is known to have bugs and a few issues. That's the risk you take when you signed up for it.

If and when we get a lot of tips, or a flood, we can do an article, but so far this is two pages of a handful of users.

I get it. Your problem is the most important it should be elevated to the highest status on our front page and Joe Belfiore should personally address it on Twitter, but I have other considerations to take into account, including getting Microsoft's feedback on the issues and seeing how widespread this really is ;)

Like all items, it is something we are looking into.
    JithinPrasad likes this.
    08-25-2014 12:55 PM
    For any complaints I use the rate us feature under settings menu. I hope they read all these comments I posted already.
    08-25-2014 01:09 PM
    Simple. We don't do articles on every single bug or issue some users are experiencing. That's not what our front page is for, as Microsoft and Nokia read and use our forums too. We are also talking about the Preview for Developers, which is known to have bugs and a few issues. That's the risk you take when you signed up for it.

If and when we get a lot of tips, or a flood, we can do an article, but so far this is two pages of a handful of users.

I get it. Your problem is the most important it should be elevated to the highest status on our front page and Joe Belfiore should personally address it on Twitter, but I have other considerations to take into account, including getting Microsoft's feedback on the issues and seeing how widespread this really is ;)

Like all items, it is something we are looking into.
    Its a widely affected Bug Daniel.. Just see the discussion in Microsoft forum..
    > language download not works in wp 8.1 update 1 (dev preview) - Microsoft Community
    >HI... Speech language isn't downloading in windows 8.1(lumia - Microsoft Community
    >Cannot download new Speech Languages after updating to OS - Microsoft Community
    >Couldn't download speech language - Microsoft Community

and many counting.. Nd iam pretty shour that this bug comes in 8.10.14157.200 OS Version
    08-25-2014 01:21 PM
    I'm experiencing this issue too :(
    08-26-2014 05:39 PM
    No need to disable preview for developers. I can confirm that Microsoft seems to have fixed this issue on their servers and I can now download speech languages with 8.1.1 and preview for developers enabled.
    Aniket Kesarkar likes this.
    08-27-2014 09:05 AM
    Yes, issue is gone for me too!
    08-27-2014 01:30 PM
    Yup, fixed for me as well!
    08-27-2014 03:05 PM
    Yes I too can download language pack on wp8.1 update on dp yeyyy.. Thanks Microsoft. I was going to downgrade my 520 to wp8.
    08-27-2014 03:16 PM
    Follow up to my previous comment: the Voice Search seems to have a problem now, at least in the French language. When I say something like "Open YouTube" or "Open Metrotube" or "Open Bing News"... It only opens the "Nearby" integrated app. That's really strange because this feature worked perfectly for me since the first version of WP 7, years ago. And even more strange: the transcript of what I said is good, it just opens this ****in' Nearby app each time :)
    08-27-2014 03:32 PM
    Follow up to my previous comment: the Voice Search seems to have a problem now, at least in the French language. When I say something like "Open YouTube" or "Open Metrotube" or "Open Bing News"... It only opens the "Nearby" integrated app. That's really strange because this feature worked perfectly for me since the first version of WP 7, years ago. And even more strange: the transcript of what I said is good, it just opens this ****in' Nearby app each time :)
    Doesn't seem related to the original post. You would get better response starting a nee thread for this.
    08-27-2014 11:32 PM
    Doesn't seem related to the original post. You would get better response starting a nee thread for this.
    I agree sir, it was just an indirect consequence (buggy voice file?). Anyway, even that is fixed now. :)
    08-28-2014 02:57 PM
    Guys,I have the same problem...so I just wanted to know when u say reset the phone.u mean hard reset or soft reset?

2. I bought my phone only today so it might have come with wp 8.1 update 1.How do i know that isn't the case and if that is the case,then what do I do?Coz resetting it wouldn't help,right?
    01-03-2015 12:06 PM
    It would be funny if Microsoft used the same approach to Windows Phone problems as it used to with its regular software... who knows... people might vote with their feet/wallets and, by 2017, you'd be looking for these products in museums...
    03-08-2017 02:09 PM
48 12