I got Denim

Der_Phoenix

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
o2 Germany kept their promise and published Lumia Cyan and Denim a (very) few days ago. As I have not had Cyan before separately, I can not identify every difference, but from the feature lists, I'm sure it's Denim!
Any questions about the new features?
Edit: Lumia 925, o2 Germany

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
o2 Germany kept their promise and published Lumia Cyan and Denim a (very) few days ago. As I have not had Cyan before separately, I can not identify every difference, but from the feature lists, I'm sure it's Denim!
Any questions about the new features?
Edit: Lumia 925, o2 Germany

Please go to Settings> extras+info(at the end of the list) and make sure it's Lumia Denim. Post a screenshot if possible.

Der_Phoenix

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
No, you read wrong ;) I got three system updates published on one day (followed by several app updates).
Now it reads Lumia Denim everytime I open up Extras + Infos.
Screenshots:

wp_ss_20141018_0001.png wp_ss_20141018_0002.png

Edit:
wp_ss_20141018_0003_edit.png

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
The thing is if it was out, which it isn't, there would have been an article about it. This is the bug, just look at your version numbers under the extras + info.

Thank you for playing. Do not pass Go and do not collect $200.

Der_Phoenix

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
The thing is if it was out, which it isn't, there would have been an article about it. This is the bug, just look at your version numbers under the extras + info.

Thank you for playing. Do not pass Go and do not collect $200.

I also first assumed it is the mentioned bug... But:
- I am not participating in the Developer Program
- I now have live folders and the App Corner (aren't these part of Update 1 coming with Denim?)
- Extras + Infos still shows Denim, even after closing and restarting it

I don't want to fight out whether I have Denim or not... I'm happy with all the new features and enjoy the better performance. Even it is not Denim ;)
I'm out of the discussion, enjoying my phone. Time will tell who's right...
(o2 Germany told before they will publish both updates simultaneously, maybe that's true ;) )

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Just because the second time is still denim doesn't mean it's denim lol, though I can't say for sure it isn't.

I'm using a Lumia 520, and no matter how many times I press the extras+ info, it still shows denim lol, though there isn't a phone update to accompany mine.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I also first assumed it is the mentioned bug... But:
- I am not participating in the Developer Program
- I now have live folders and the App Corner (aren't these part of Update 1 coming with Denim?)
- Extras + Infos still shows Denim, even after closing and restarting it

I don't want to fight out whether I have Denim or not... I'm happy with all the new features and enjoy the better performance. Even it is not Denim ;)
I'm out of the discussion, enjoying my phone. Time will tell who's right...
(o2 Germany told before they will publish both updates simultaneously, maybe that's true ;) )

As they say the proof is in the pudding and a pic is worth a thousand words and if you're running Denim then great!! Hope it's a better experience to what you've had before and going forward I will/can only hope that WP gets better heading towards WP10.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Are all the (-) posts here that of envy because if the guy/gal shows us that the phone's running Denim registered in the info, live folders and no DP running WTF is you're problem???

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
What would seal the deal is if you're settings menu is in order as the GDR2 update it said to bring much awaited order to that menu.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
The firmware number is exactly the same as Cyan, according to the update page.
However I'm surprised that you got GDR1, mostly because you don't get PfD updates.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If you reboot your phone & it still shows Denim, then you're good to go ...

I'd guess the carriers have it for testing, already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3