Denim starting roll-out ... very soon (?)

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe it will start rolling-out next year. I remember O2 UK were saying pretty much the same about the UK Cortana.
I PERSONALLY would expect some roll-out starting next week.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Another problem is that many people here are misunderstanding what the replies mean: they are telling you that the rollout to carriers will start soon. The carrieres than can start with testing and we all know how long that could take.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The software support page for Lumias in Europe is down for maintenance.

The message shown in the link seems to hint at Denim ”The Microsoft Mobile site is down for a short time while we are making some important changes.
Thank you for your patience. Please come back soon.”

What do you think?

Availability in Europe - Nokia

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Currently my question is whether we will receive GDR2 before Win 10, and when...

I'm starting to doubt it... Seeing that small features get integrated in the current GDR1 via DP, like the new battery saver features, I think they will just continue with these small updates until Windows 10 comes around.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm starting to doubt it... Seeing that small features get integrated in the current GDR1 via DP, like the new battery saver features, I think they will just continue with these small updates until Windows 10 comes around.

Would be nice to push some updates to users without the preview...

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
The only issue I have with Denim is why if MS has announced it sometime ago and the obvious late release date for the older devices that to understand that the time delay would be down to MS carrying out all of its testing on the older devices from the L820-L1520. So my question then is if that's the case why then would any carrier have to do any additional testing since the OS maker itself would be carrying out performance tests on the obvious older handsets that these same carriers still have in use with their customers. Still doesn't explain why with MS these carriers are so hard/fast to deny and when their OS receives updates that the (-) fallout is almost non-existent Yet with other OS makers their releases come with issues and yet it's no problem for these carriers to release without fear of overloaded phone lines with complaints about issues. Makes any sensible thinker ask why.

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Use Google translator if you don't trust me. O2 UK has also stated (covered by Windows Central) beginning of 2015, as Denim's likely release date...

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
They annouced it on september, it's December and no words about it. I'm a windows fan, but we can't accept this :S

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Lmao. I haven't even gotten cyan yet. Forget denim, windows 10 will be on PFD before that will even be launched.

zamanw100

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty excited about the Denim Update. But the delay is making me reconsider. I love my Lumia 925, but because of Microsoft and their stupid deal of ruining a perfectly functioning company is making me think about the coming days of WP. I should switch back to iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786