Complaint about Denim delay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
They never committed on a specific date so than they also can not delay. And with P4D I got already the OS update functions. So no big problem for me.

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
They never committed on a specific date so than they also can not delay.

No, they said Q4 (also reported by WC). Most phones have received the update apart from the older models. However, you're right that there really aren't any delays, as it's foreseeable that the older phones will get the update later.

Avik Chakraborty

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Most of the 520's herein I,dis have received the denim update but whenever I try it says your device is upto date....y is that so??? Is it becoz of the previous developers update that I installed that my denim update is stalled???

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
What would you rather?

A big roll out for every device and country....then bugs...aka Apple.

A staged rollout. My guess is it's, by phone, to a specific number of users and if everything is OK a further rollout.

Know which I'd like.....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Lumia Denim still planned later this year for some Lumias, early in 2015 for others | Windows Central

However, this statement in and of itself is nothing new. Indeed, we reached out to Microsoft today regarding the update and whether or not it was still planned – at least for some devices – for December. As of today, it sounds like things are still on track:

"Lumia Denim update is being tested in selected markets ahead of broader rollout, which begins later this year as planned. It is expected to be available for all Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8.1 early 2015, following partner testing and approvals."

Alij382

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
All other phones in other countries got Denim and im just sitting here with my 930 Cyan. I'm in UAE, btw and older models got denim here.
"newer models Q4 2014" my ***.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the complainers understand all that is involved in coordinating with the many carriers around the world to get a roll-out of the update that will minimize problems for the end user. Apple did a fast update, and got hit hard with severe bugs that caused a lot of damage to their user base, because they got ahead of the carrier testing and refused to allow proper testing before going to a full roll-out.

Patience is a virtue.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Seasons gretings!
This microsoft delay (ragarding Denim update to all Lumias) is TOTALY unacceptable for me!!!
What about you?

The answer is simple; get an iPhone :)

Edit: Oh yeah and people should stop trash talking Apple's update method. It's not really flawed, when unexpected bugs do show up, they're usually ridiculously abstract (in other words, very specific criteria have to be met like you must have the calendar and calculator apps open while attempting to take a selfie in your grandparents bathroom for the phone to explode) So, onto my point; even when these abstract bugs are found in an official release a fix is almost immediately rolled out within the next day or two. Not that that would happen often I think within the two years that I had iOS it happened like twice. This same scenario has happened to Windows Phone and it still takes weeks for a hotfix update. That sucks but it is what it is.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Seasons gretings!
This microsoft delay (ragarding Denim update to all Lumias) is TOTALY unacceptable for me!!!
What about you?

It's totally acceptable for me. Why? There's different models and different phones. So you have to go through all of them, which is personalized differently, so they all run smoothly.

Take the 1520 for instance, sure there's one model, but there's 5-6 different versions with different bands. That alone takes time to make sure they run smoothly. Some of that work gets handed down to operators, but Microsoft still has to give them the finishes software first.

At least with Windows Phone, you're guaranteed an update, unlike Android.

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll be honest I was REALLY frustrated about this, if you said you released the update and everyone went out to check for updates, only to realize there ISN'T ANY update. I mean seriously wtf.
I've been rechecking my phone the past few days again and again, if i knew this earlier i wouldn't have wasted my time, I don't mind waiting a little longer but why tell everyone the update is out and ready to download, when it clearly isn't?

kalintzis

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'll be honest I was REALLY frustrated about this, if you said you released the update and everyone went out to check for updates, only to realize there ISN'T ANY update. I mean seriously wtf.
I've been rechecking my phone the past few days again and again, if i knew this earlier i wouldn't have wasted my time, I don't mind waiting a little longer but why tell everyone the update is out and ready to download, when it clearly isn't?
+1 Totally agree with you.

Last edited:

CoffeeFriday

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia camera app on 830 doesn't work, but it works on 930. A year old phone. On my 720 it doesn't even show what software there's on it anymore and won't update. Ridiculous!

asim311

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
How Microsoft release denim update for at&t Lumia 1020
Pls tell us the Lumia 1020 users and what the Lumia 1020 get Lumia
Classic camera living images & 34 or 38 mega pixel 4 k video
After the Lumia denim update

Tyranade

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia camera app on 830 doesn't work, but it works on 930. A year old phone. On my 720 it doesn't even show what software there's on it anymore and won't update. Ridiculous!

Nokia Lumia 930 was first released in July 2014 which makes it five months old, not a year lol
For the record I have a sim free 930 in the UK which is not tied to any carrier whatsoever and still no Denim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo