Lumia 630 DS Denim bugs

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have been using the Preview for Developer since it came out (first on my HTC 8X and now on my L630 DS) without any problems.
When Denim became available, I had to disable PfD to install it.
After I installed Denim, my orientation sensor had problems at time - the sensor would work with a delay, sometimes up to 10+ seconds (noticed in games that use the sensor such as Minion Rush) - this would be fixed by soft resetting the phone (restart).
I also had problems sometimes with the airplane mode where it would be impossible to quit it without restarting the phone, or sometimes impossible to turn it on, and at other times the 3G connection and WiFi would just stop working.
Yesterday I decided to perform a hard reset and used Lumia Software Recovery Tool to reinstall denim.
It is too early to say if this has solved the problems but so far it's all good.

I am just running in a few issues - I'm having problems installing apps from XAP/APPX (such as tetra lockscreen with was unpublished, or Lumia storage check beta - both of which were working fine before the update).
I'm hoping MSFT republishes both apps, but does anyone know a way other than Lumia storage check to default the maps install to the SD card? (or a way to force the install of the app?)

Also, I made sure I had an up-to-date backup before performing the hard reset, but during the reinstall, it only suggested me to restore backups from my HTC 8X. When I check on my OneDrive, I can see the backup for the 630 that I made just before using LSRT but it wasn't suggested so I have reinstalled my apps manually.

I am wondering as well if there is a way to downgrade back to Cyan? I figured I could try the W10 TP for a day since I was doing a hard reset but Denim comes with a version of the OS that is too recent
LSTR reinstalled my phone to OS 8.10.14234.375 and firmware 02040.00021.15053.36004.

Thanks for the help

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You have a lot of questions so here we go.

During a OTA update some glitches can happen and a soft reset can "fix" some. Also a hard reset or using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool is a good way to fix the. (You did a hard reset and use the Lumia software recovery tool but only the Lumia software recovery was also sufficient)

XAP/XAPX.
If you download an app to an SD card and install it windows still checks the store and because the apps are pulled from the store you can not install them.

Now you should be able to use Storage Sense to move/redirect maps to your SD card. Please check.

No idea why you could not see the 630 backup.

It is possible to flash back to CYAN but the you need to have a ROM with CYAN and I would not recommend this action. But probably next week the second W10 TP is released and the OS restriction will be gone because otherwise nearly nobody can install this W10 TP.

Last edited:

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies

Now you should be able to use Storage Sense to move/redirect maps to your SD card. Please check.

No idea why you could not see the 630 backup.

The storage sense has options for:
- music/videos/podcasts
- photos
- apps
- new downloads
But unfortunately lacks the options to have the maps installed on the SD card (which the Lumia storage check beta could do) :(

No idea either for my backup, I hope when I try the second W10 TP build and if I need to go back to 8.1 that the correct back up will be available

Thanks again for the replies

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
About storage sense.
Sorry I was wrong, you can not move maps to the SD card. Only with the storage sense beta (which was pulled from the store) so at the moment there is no method to move maps to the SD card.
We had already several complains about it and we hope Microsoft will come with a solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb