New unknown update

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I received it on my L635 that had GDR2. When I went to view the details of the update before install, where it usually tells you what it is for, it just said "Lumia Phone Update", or something like that. No further information was given.

I also , within 20 minutes of that update, received the "reboot fix" update for my other 635, which is still on GDR1. It could have been the reboot fix, and GDR 2 may not be able to retrieve the description. Not really sure. Haven't had issues with random reboots, though, but still got the fix on one of the phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Didnt have any reboot issues

Neither did I. And the Stop Reboot App cleared both my phones as not being at risk. They both still got the update.

I can't unwind time for you, but do this: Settings > phone update > uncheck the box for "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it."

Now when you look into the Update setting it will only say an update is available. Then you can tap "See Details" to find out what it is about BEFORE you download it.

vuljanic989

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday i received antoher update,automatically downloaded,just asked me to install...same build number persists,cant see any changes

vuljanic989

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Watched couple of videos and when skipping forward od back no cracking sound...maybe it was something to do with this update...finally!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte