Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    So, I purchased my HTC 8X from our local Verizon store the first day it was available.
    It was $199, plus $30 (or so) to "upgrade" my unlimited data to 2GB/month.
    I was told that they will price-match for 14 days.
    Last week, Walmart was selling it for $99.
    This week, they are selling it for $149 with a $100 gift card (basically $50).
    I called Verizon (#611 or whatever) and they said they don't price-match with third-party retailers.
    They also said that I could return the phone and buy a new one from Walmart (with a restocking fee, of course).
    I called our local Verizon store and they said that I need to call TeleService (sp?).
    I called TeleService and they said the same thing (even advertising that I could return my phone and get it from Walmart).
    That is some seriously lame customer service.
    This is the first time that I've ever walked into a Verizon store and purchased a phone.
    I think that is the last time that I'll ever walk into a Verizon store and purchase a phone.
    JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jackson View Post
    So, I purchased my HTC 8X from our local Verizon store the first day it was available.
    It was $199, plus $30 (or so) to "upgrade" my unlimited data to 2GB/month.
    I was told that they will price-match for 14 days.
    Last week, Walmart was selling it for $99.
    This week, they are selling it for $149 with a $100 gift card (basically $50).
    I called Verizon (#611 or whatever) and they said they don't price-match with third-party retailers.
    They also said that I could return the phone and buy a new one from Walmart (with a restocking fee, of course).
    I called our local Verizon store and they said that I need to call TeleService (sp?).
    I called TeleService and they said the same thing (even advertising that I could return my phone and get it from Walmart).
    That is some seriously lame customer service.
    This is the first time that I've ever walked into a Verizon store and purchased a phone.
    I think that is the last time that I'll ever walk into a Verizon store and purchase a phone.
    JJ
    You have 14 days to return it without a fee.

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    You have 14 days to return it without a fee.
    Hmmm...
    The guy that I bought the phone from said there would be a restocking fee, but it would be credited to my next phone purchase.
    That's assuming that I returned it to get a different phone from the Verizon store.
    JJ
    Hmmm...
    The guy that I bought the phone from said there would be a restocking fee, but it would be credited to my next phone purchase.
    That's assuming that I returned it to get a different phone from the Verizon store.
    JJ
    He's wrong. 14 day trial is standard.

Hmmm...
    JJ
    VZW in store guys like to pass along misinformation to protect sales; so worst case when you "fight" the restocking fee, they can just chalk it up to "oh I forgot" or "didn't know."

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Yep. Within 14 days, you can return the phone and cancel service.

I'd consider calling retentions and threatening to do so, and go to AT&T or T-Mobile, unless they give you a bill credit. That usually scares them.