Non mobile share plans, do they still exist on Verizon?

giper54

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Does Verizon still offer cell phone plans like the plans before mobile share plans were introduced. I have looked for the old plans on Verizon's web site but I couldn't find anything. If they do offer the old plans are the prices the same $39.99 for the cheapest line and $30 for 2GB of data?[

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I can't seem to find their old plans anywhere on Verizon's site. I only see their shared plans and prepaid, and the price on those prepaid plans are ridiculous. I hope their old plans are still there and I just can't find them.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If you call in to customer service they have some different plans. I called and talked to them about my plan and bill today. Since I upgraded and had to get rid of my unlimited my bill is now $40 a month more. We talked about my options but couldn't come up with anything really any cheaper than what I have with a decent amount of data.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is. It would have been cheaper to buy off contract on both of my lines. The only plus to shared data is that I can use the hotspot on both phones for no extra charge. That would be $20 per month for each line on my old plan. Honestly, I probably would have switched to AT&T if I would have realized how much more this was going to cost. It's a big jump no matter how I spin it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That's how I feel about staying with AT&T. I'm paying them $138 a month and it should be cheaper because I got rid of my insurance but the bill doesn't reflect that yet. That's for two smartphones, 1GB shareable data, visual voicemail, mobile hotspot, and unlimited text/talk. Yet, I still don't feel like I'm getting any value for my money. Deep down I know I'm signed up for more stuff than I need.

I have the unlock codes for both phones. I feel like I should just switch over to T-Mobile, get the $30 plan for my phone and the $50 plan for the other. That will save me about $40 a month. I get way more data and a much lower monthly bill. Heck, I could add in mobile hotspot for $15 a month and it's still cheaper than AT&T. The only thing that bothers me is T-Mobile's coverage and lack of LTE. Granted, T-Mobile's 4G is probably fast enough to satisfy my own-the-go needs, and it is available in my area. It's just... I want LTE so I can say I have LTE. :grin:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
^You know, now that I've typed out the pros and cons it really doesn't make any sense why I'm sticking with AT&T. I should just put on my big boy pants and live with 3G/4G speeds, lol.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't go to either AT&T or Verizon. Verizon may have better coverage (that would be for now until Sprint starts using the 800MHz spectrum), AT&T sucks, and T-Mobile's coverage where I live is too limited. I would stick with Sprint which didn't have to do much improvements although having 3G coverage in places where I was on 1x prior to Network Vision deployment does help a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium