- 02-06-2013, 12:13 PM #1
I'm a Verizon Trophy user. I've become eligible for an upgrade recently when lo and behold the Laser is announced. I currently have 7.8 on my Trophy and have never had any problems with it.
I'm wondering if current 8x/822 users would have upgraded if they knew this phone was coming, or would you have upgraded to your current phone anyway?
- 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM #5
Nope, got the 822 and love it. Good way to stay proficient with an OS to is try and stay up to date. When, and if, the Laser comes, I'll have 80% of the OS working or me and won't have to learn anything but the new stuff. Up to now, I have bought off contract but depending on the specs of the Laser, I may go for a contract. This is based on me not using a majority of the WP8 capabilities now so probably wouldn't use all the new stuff anyway.
- 02-06-2013, 01:43 PM #6
PM me for more details
- 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM #7
I told my self from day 1 that I was not going to get an 8x (not enough storage/ wanted the Nokia apps) or a Lumia 822 (it would have been an awesome phone in 2011), and that I would wait for either a 922 or a Samsung flagship.
Then the Samsung was never announced and black Friday came where I got an 8x (loved my Trophy). The phone is really nice but the aspects that I like are OS based and not phone based. 16 gig is simply not enough storage.
Long story short, yes I wish that I had waited for a "total package" to be released.
- 02-06-2013, 02:05 PM #8
It pisses me off that Verizon keeps this all hush hush when they know their customers want a high end Windows phone just so they can sell the lower end models. I guess Verizon would rather loose customers than to tell its customers hold on we're getting a high end device if you want a high end device, be patient I would have been if I had even an inclination of what was on the horizon for Verizon. (notice my clever rhyme). But I had no Idea so I bailed out and moved to at&t. Makes no sense to me. I would have liked to stay with Verizon. . .
- 02-06-2013, 02:13 PM #9
As for the 8x, I love it. I'm not upset I didn't wait.Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!
- 02-08-2013, 09:55 AM #11Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!
- 02-08-2013, 11:43 AM #12
If I didn't have a Surface I would buy it off contract in a heartbeat! But now that i have a tablet device i carry with me everywhere, i use my phone so much less! 8x probably being much lighter and smaller than this laser device, I'll keep the 8x.
still very interested in the laser device though, just won't get it.Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
02-08-2013, 02:38 PM #13
- 25 Posts
Probably not, had my trophy long enough and I was able to use my update. I honestly could not wait at all. I preordered my 8x the day I was allowed to. And got it once they told me it was in. I also do not regret it one bit either. No problems at all. I knew it would be awhile until Nokia released a high end Lumia. If there is a high end Lumia when I am able to update again I will most likely get that. For now, I will enjoy my 8X.
- 02-19-2013, 03:27 AM #18Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
Last updated: 05/13/2013
- By ny_yankees in forum HTC 8XReplies: 2Last Post: 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM
- By EricCantona in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-2012, 09:51 PM
- By theefman in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 4Last Post: 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM
- By aubreyq in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 03-09-2012, 01:55 PM