Verizon Group Messaging to Arrive by End of 2Q 2013

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol nothing new from Verizon promising a feature for a certain device and delivering late. Maube this feature is coming on GDR2

If that's true, I hope that GDR2 is coming to VZW phones sooner rather than later. I have no doubt that they were planning on delivering the update to fix MMS/group messaging before July. Hopefully the willingness to wait to push it out until GDR2 means that GDR2 is right around the corner.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There are a lot of features coming in GDR2 (many are implemented because of new and current FCC regulation, Qualcomm CDMA compliance, and several others which includes group messaging functionality for several carriers worldwide including Verizon.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This issue has never severely irritated me until now. Its summer and I get stuck in about 4 group chats a day and then (no joke) my phone opens up like 40 threads to receive messages from each person, including numbers that I don't even know. I used to be fine with it, but now it is just ridiculously annoying!

mrackovan

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
From what I can tell, I have one of the first written confirmations that group text will be enabled with a "mid-year software update". My guess is GDR2. This was a response to a complaint I filed with the BBB.

I've been following this thread for months, and while I don't normally post in forums, I felt it I would be a terrible person if I kept this to myself.

Attachments

• response.jpg
    response.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 8

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
As I've been saying since March, it is coming in gdr2, which Verizon planned on releasing at the end of June through the end of July. I recently got a call from Verizon confirming it will be out very soon. This info is coming through corporate support at a relatively high level, so I actually trust it

Edit: Just to clarify, I know the email said end of second quarter, but that was the expected timeline on gdr2. The subsequent calls I got after that email (later in March and then end of June from the same tech) told me it would most likely be July

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So with the news yesterday of gdr2 updates being shown on Microsoft's wp8 page, I dug further into their page... Clicked "messaging experience" under messaging improvements, then "send a text or chat"... Under notes, there is a bullet point for group text where they disclaim that the group text option might not be available on all carriers. Although I don't know what this page said before the gdr2 info, I am pessimistic we will get it now.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So with the news yesterday of gdr2 updates being shown on Microsoft's wp8 page, I dug further into their page... Clicked "messaging experience" under messaging improvements, then "send a text or chat"... Under notes, there is a bullet point for group text where they disclaim that the group text option might not be available on all carriers. Although I don't know what this page said before the gdr2 info, I am pessimistic we will get it now.

I will switch carriers if it isn't included in GDR2.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Has there been ANY update on Group Texting on Verizon ? This is such a big deal with me, I get a text from someone I dont know and I can't reply to it till I wait for someone else to reply.... Really dam annoying...

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Just waiting for gdr2 update... I think were all banking on that being the cure. No telling when that will be exactly but I'm hoping any day now for my HTC 8x. Can't stand not having group mms. Such a pain

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So it's been a little while and I've been pestering both HTC and Verizon pretty much everyday. HTC has been stonewalling pretty hard, saying they don't even know if there is going to be an update ever for the HTC 8x on VZW. VZW's take is that an update is still somehow in the pipeline.

I'm ready to say screw it and get a Lumia 928 w/ GDR2.

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
How long you gonna give it? That sounds like the way to go if this keeps going on...it truly is an everyday annoyance, and is frankly embarrassing

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll personally wait not too much longer. If anything, I'll switch out to AT&T (company phone) and tell VZW to sit and spin. Ebay prices are not kind for going 3rd party sale on a 928, and 2-year contracts are the bane of my existence.

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I've made enough noise at VZW that someone relatively high up is going to call me this afternoon.

By relatively high I mean either a high level support or a middle manager of customer relations. I'm going to guess they are either going to tell me to stop bothering them everyday or that something is indeed happening so be patient. Or maybe they'll offer me a Lumia 928. And a winning powerball ticket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte