Verizon Wireless full of scammers...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I know its old news that Verizon Wireless employees are pushy ignorant liars, but what they did to my dad just pisses me off.

My dad, who doesn't know a thing about phones or technology in general, went into the store to buy a Lumia 822. I suggested it to him because it was free on contract and I could easily help him learn how to use it. Long story short, he walked out spending over $100 on accessories. A car charger (they said his blackberry one wouldn't work when clearly it would), a pack of screen protectors (nothing wrong with that, just overpriced), a case (very overpriced), and last but not least, this certainly made me mad, they told him to buy a $30 8gb micro sd card because "the 822 has no internal storage".

This is beyond ridiculous and I am super pissed. I'm taking all that **** back for him, but how many people fall victim to this bull****!

sorry, needed to vent a little.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The salesman/saleswoman probably gets extra commission/incentive for hawking the accessories, like the Best Buy/Radio Shack employees who push the protection plans. I had a cashier at Radio Shack try to get me to take a protection plan for an ethernet cable.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The salesman/saleswoman probably gets extra commission/incentive for hawking the accessories, like the Best Buy/Radio Shack employees who push the protection plans. I had a cashier at Radio Shack try to get me to take a protection plan for an ethernet cable.

Lmao exactly. Its unethical business!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When I get a new smartphone from AT&T, the store manager always takes care of me. He knows me (and knows I'm tech savvy), so he never tries to upsell anything.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
When I get a new smartphone from AT&T, the store manager always takes care of me. He knows me (and knows I'm tech savvy), so he never tries to upsell anything.

Lol last time I went into a Verizon store the lady was trying to explain to me what an sd card is!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I know its old news that Verizon Wireless employees are pushy ignorant liars, but what they did to my dad just pisses me off.

My dad, who doesn't know a thing about phones or technology in general, went into the store to buy a Lumia 822. I suggested it to him because it was free on contract and I could easily help him learn how to use it. Long story short, he walked out spending over $100 on accessories. A car charger (they said his blackberry one wouldn't work when clearly it would), a pack of screen protectors (nothing wrong with that, just overpriced), a case (very overpriced), and last but not least, this certainly made me mad, they told him to buy a $30 8gb micro sd card because "the 822 has no internal storage".

This is beyond ridiculous and I am super pissed. I'm taking all that **** back for him, but how many people fall victim to this bull****!

sorry, needed to vent a little.

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience with Verizon Wireless. I would recommend going back to the store and asking to speak to the manager when you do the return.

As for the commission on accessories, Verizon does not pay straight commission. It is a goal based pay system, so as long as you sell X amount of accessories throughout the month, you get X amount of commission, so the rep didn't necessarily make any money off of your dad. However, if that phone would have left the store "naked," I can guarantee the rep would have gotten pulled into the office and been asked about the transaction and why the customer didn't purchase accessories.

Back when I was a rep I was very poor at accessory sales (the only accessories I use are a Jambox, the wireless charger, and screen protectors) and caught a ton of flack for it. Pretty much everyday I would get coached by my manager for not selling enough.

Not trying to make excuses for what the rep did, just trying to help you understand.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
A salesman is a salesman no matter what you are buying! Buyers need to beware when dealing with someone that depends on a sale to get their pay check at the end of the week. Your father has 30 days to return the accessories.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Also, what's so different between supporting local businesses and buying more expensive accessories from a sales rep at a carrier store? There are actually businesses in my community that I don't go to because they never bought accessories from me when I was a rep. You want your community to thrive? Buy local, and even though Verizon is a massive company, a commission structure guarantees your money will stay local when the rep gets paid.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Also, what's so different between supporting local businesses and buying more expensive accessories from a sales rep at a carrier store? There are actually businesses in my community that I don't go to because they never bought accessories from me when I was a rep. You want your community to thrive? Buy local, and even though Verizon is a massive company, a commission structure guarantees your money will stay local when the rep gets paid.

Buying the accessories overpriced isn't the problem, the lying on the reps part is the problem. Your logic doesn't make sense.

By your logic, it is okay that a burglar broke into my house and stole my TV. At least the TV is staying local right?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Its one thing to try and sell something, but to lie to somebody who doesn't know any better, that's just plain messed up!

Agreed.

It's one thing to sell something for too much money. That's fine. That's their job.

To outright LIE to get a sale is just plain wrong. It should get someone fired.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Buying the accessories overpriced isn't the problem, the lying on the reps part is the problem. Your logic doesn't make sense.

By your logic, it is okay that a burglar broke into my house and stole my TV. At least the TV is staying local right?
If you see above, I apologized for the actions of the rep and gave OP a recommendation on how to get the matter resolved. I never once condoned the lying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo