Verizon Wireless full of scammers...

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
You have 14 days, take them back, get the money and buy what he wants from Amazon! Problem solved.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If you see above, I apologized for the actions of the rep and gave OP a recommendation on how to get the matter resolved. I never once condoned the lying.

My apologies, didn't realize you were the same person lol

I doubt he literally said "no storage". He probably said "low storage"

MY dad said that the lady told him that if he wanted to download apps or put music on his phone, he would need an sd card

You have 14 days, take them back, get the money and buy what he wants from Amazon! Problem solved.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

And that's exactly what we did! Just isn't right that some people don't know to do this and instead are cheated out of their money

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I don't mind paying a little extra by buying directly from a store rep. Especially if they were helpful, or at least make a real genuine effort to try to be helpful.

If someone is shady, I'll just end up buying online instead.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty crappy. I got scammed by a T-Mobile rep in early 2011 when I went to a store in my neighborhood to replace the phone I'd lost earlier that day. I had no clue about data at the time because I'd still had a feature phone and T-Zones for $2.99 per month. She told me I wouldn't be able to use the Nokia E73 Mode I got to replace it with T-Zones and tricked me into buying a 200MB data plan for $15 per month. It was only a few months ago that I learned right here on WPCentral that I actually could have continued using my T-Zones as a means to get online on my phone. Go figure, the wireless carriers' stores are full of B.S. artists. :angry: Sorry that happened to your dad.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully we've adopted a new sales process called Earn The Right and any scamming reps who work for a legit store manager will not last long.

A few of the guys at my home store pulled the SD card trick and one if them is no longer with the company. Believe it or not, these scammers are not tolerated and if they get caught they get fired.

If you have the sales reps name, go on our website and give him a 1/10 customer service survey. That will get him grilled hardcore, much like he deserves to be. Make you drop the word "rude" in there because that's a terminable offense if the customer isn't bat****.

One final thing, DO NOT feel like you're getting some college kid let go from his minimum wage job. Starting salary at Verizon is $45,000 a year if you hit your quota every month. We are paid like professionals so absolutely need to be responsible like professionals.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully we've adopted a new sales process called Earn The Right and any scamming reps who work for a legit store manager will not last long.

A few of the guys at my home store pulled the SD card trick and one if them is no longer with the company. Believe it or not, these scammers are not tolerated and if they get caught they get fired.

If you have the sales reps name, go on our website and give him a 1/10 customer service survey. That will get him grilled hardcore, much like he deserves to be. Make you drop the word "rude" in there because that's a terminable offense if the customer isn't bat****.

One final thing, DO NOT feel like you're getting some college kid let go from his minimum wage job. Starting salary at Verizon is $45,000 a year if you hit your quota every month. We are paid like professionals so absolutely need to be responsible like professionals.

You're my hero, im going to check the reciepts

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When I get a new smartphone from AT&T, the store manager always takes care of me. He knows me (and knows I'm tech savvy), so he never tries to upsell anything.
there's nothing wrong with up selling as long as its a legitimate need for whatever it is your buying.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Verizon stores are the worst, their phones are always more expensive then online stores and they don't price match.

When you have a store that costs thousands of dollars a month to maintain and 10+ employees to pay, yet you have no high mark up items like clothing to supplement the costs, sometimes you have to charge more.

Maybe use your brain a little next time buddy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077