Free 1Gb of data

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Verizon is offering an extra 1Gb of data, per line, with a new more everything plan, as long as you have at least 1Gb already.

We're now paying $130 a month for 2 lines and 3Gb.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I know why Verizon's doing this. Every "holiday" season, we get tons of calls where people mysteriously have their data plans poof and lots of unexpected overage occurs.

Turns out, the extra data usage is almost *always* during Thanksgiving or Christmas, when folks have family over. Of course, the account holders can never remember using the internet that day. Most of the affected people have a cellular router or two. And of course, most routers have the default wifi password printed on them somewhere, if not a WPS button. The extra usage almost always comes from the cellular router. I think most here can draw a few conclusions.

Giving away free data saves Verizon money dealing with the extra calls, and also makes users more aware of their data usage for those two months.

So folks, just make sure to ask before helping yourself to a family member's wifi. ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon