Verizon partnership with Microsoft not beneficial, no more Windows Phone handsets at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft's Cityman and Talkman flagship Lumia phones and what you need to know | Windows Central

Reading Daniel's article on the Cityman/Talkman phones brought up a very important point for us Big Red customers. Microsoft and Verizon Wireless seem to be ending their relationship but what does that mean for us? Is this just the relationship between Microsoft and VZW (no Lumia devices) or is VZW out and out not supporting any Windows Phone device?

With the unique tech that VZW uses in it's radio we can't just grab an unlocked Talkman (please please tell me I'm wrong here) and pop our sim card in. Are we finally done on Big Red's network? Is the sky falling? Do we need to perform a mass exodus to T-Mobile?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. This is almost the exact same thread as The Verizon Debacle. You might want to pool resources and check it out.

Verizon won't even be allowing the phones to be activated on their network, even if they were unlocked CDMA. They currently don't allow other CDMA phones on their network if they aren't in their database of what they support. So, yeah, Windows users on Verizon are going to be ... left out in the cold.

Mass Exodus to T-Mobile? AT&T? Well, anywhere that will give you a signal, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes