What can we do better?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Open thread for any volunteer that wants to reply!

In our never ending quest to get better, wanted to ask some simple questions to the incredible volunteers we have here at WC...

What can we do better around here? What works/doesn't work? Is there anything that'd make your life easier or more fun when posting in the forums?

Sound off, and don't be shy. Any feedback is good feedback!

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
This might be really simple, but how about color-code the title to easily differentiate moderators from ambassadors to champions, etc...

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That is definitely a good suggestion. Something we thought of for sure. The only problem is, now that we have a light and dark theme, finding colors that look good on both is a bit tricky. We wanted to make sure (at least to start) that we had something that looked good on both themes!

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
How about a few frequently used help guides? For example, resetting a phone or clearing Windows update directory to reset a failed update. I would think your collective experience would net 5-10 articles that are simply awesome references that people seeking help would find very useful.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure how easy it would be but sorting out threads to show answers to frequently asked questions and things of that nature.

I think there also needs to be more 'behind the scenes' action and whatnot.

There needs to be more of a draw or something to bring the additional people in to the forums.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
In the forums, for the devices themselves. I feel it would be better to have sub threads off the device. So instead of stickies you could have a Sub thread for User Experiences and Reviews or How To Guides, etc...

EDIT: I think the correct term I should have used would be sub-forum. It would help organize certain device forum threads to help people get around faster or more fluidly I think.

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@meattray - totally. We're already starting to pull content out into the blogs... I plan to put more of a focus on our amazing members (it's important).
@Nate W - why don't you ping me direct and we can talk on that. Anything to ramp up discussion and banter, I'm for it.

The overall impression I'm getting here though is everyone wants mugs. MUGZ.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
@meattray - totally. We're already starting to pull content out into the blogs... I plan to put more of a focus on our amazing members (it's important).
@Nate W - why don't you ping me direct and we can talk on that. Anything to ramp up discussion and banter, I'm for it.

The overall impression I'm getting here though is everyone wants mugs. MUGZ.

Haha absolutely. It just helps in bringing a better sense of community because while it's nice for people to stop by once and get some information it would be even better if we could bring them into the community to stay.

Windows is a tough platform to really draw this out into because as stated the majority of traffic is going to be related to mobile devices and as we know the market share is fairly low on that end.

There is absolutely a tight knit group here and by engaging the members and having them featured and whatnot it should hopefully ensure they stick around.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
That is definitely a good suggestion. Something we thought of for sure. The only problem is, now that we have a light and dark theme, finding colors that look good on both is a bit tricky. We wanted to make sure (at least to start) that we had something that looked good on both themes!

Maybe a badge of some sort next to the username itself? Would that work?

Tapatalk has something similar like this... but it shows green for the OP of the thread and orange for all team leaders... I think

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
We had kinda of a joke going on in the other thread, but it goes along with another suggestion I saw too (above). For the member statuses (Badges). Instead of having them green, gold, blue, brown, etc...what about actual badges or medals? It has probably been considered already, just wondering why not. Would save some page space for sure. Could be a medal per category, and if clicked would function the same.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
How about a dedicated area for people who want to complain that WM doesn't have enough apps? If they post in any other area, Windows Central sends an electric shock to their phone.
Just a thought. 😉

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd buy a #mugz .

How about work on the app more? I was kinda hoping WC app could be a real example of an easy to maintain, develop, keep fluid uwp app that gives nobody an excuse to avoid uwp.

Sorry @tgeek, not complaining 😁

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
How about a dedicated area for people who want to complain that WM doesn't have enough apps? If they post in any other area, Windows Central sends an electric shock to their phone.
Just a thought.

I second this! Hehe

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd buy a #mugz .

How about work on the app more? I was kinda hoping WC app could be a real example of an easy to maintain, develop, keep fluid uwp app that gives nobody an excuse to avoid uwp.

Sorry @tgeek, not complaining ������

I second this :p the WC app should be a beacon of how things should/can be :/

Also put me down for the mugz xd

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought. ������

Better yet, if they do post differently it is up to the mods to initiate the shock treatment...the one with the most shocks each month build up points...the points go towards the mobile nations store (TBA) where you can earn or buy things...like #mugz or mugs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3