Project Spartan Coming Today ?

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded 10049. Spartan is in this release. So far it's pretty smooth and the reading feature is great!

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
You mean a brand new browser that was just released to the public 4 hours ago is not bug free? Shocker...
I didn't even mention the bugs, such as "the text in favorites bar are not aligned" or "double click can't maximize the window".
The main point of Project Spartan is "just works", but at this moment, I can't say this.

"edge" engine is working perfectly (in IE). This performance and stability issue should be related to the front end of Project Spartan.

Devon Kiss

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Yihong Kang,

Please note that this is the first public preview inside of a beta of Windows 10. Neither should be running at optimal performance and will contain bugs, this is why A/B testing is done in the first place. Be patient and Microsoft will begin releasing updates to improve upon Spartan and Windows 10 until the official release of Windows 10.

Last edited:

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Yihong Kang,

Please note that this is the first public preview inside of a beta of Windows 10. Neither should be running at optimal performance and will contain bugs, this is why A/B testing is done in the first place. Be patient and Microsoft will begin releasing updates to improve upon Spartan and Windows 10 until the official release of Windows 10.

I am not complaining, I just want to point out that the performance is most important thing. Most people use chrome/firefox primarily for the performance not features. Performance should be the primary focus of Project Spartant to win back average consumers. No matter how many good features you have, if the performance is not as good as other browsers (look at old android and windows, they are much more powerful than IOS, but not liked by people).
I would like to see them improving the performance first (put it on the top of all the browsers), and then starting add extra features.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I am not complaining, I just want to point out that the performance is most important thing. Most people use chrome/firefox primarily for the performance not features. Performance should be the primary focus of Project Spartant to win back average consumers. No matter how many good features you have, if the performance is not as good as other browsers (look at old android and windows, they are much more powerful than IOS, but not liked by people).
I would like to see them improving the performance first (put it on the top of all the browsers), and then starting add extra features.

By this logic, we should judge Chrome by the Canary builds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills