How do I resolve Error Code 0x80070103?

redtrev

May 4, 2015
Visit site
How do I resolve Error Code 0x80070103

After installing build 10074 followed by Windows Update, I got the following report, "ELAN DRIVER UPDATE FOR ELAN INPUT DEVICE FAILED - ERROR CODE
0x80070103"

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I resolve Error Code 0x80070103

After installing build 10074 followed by Windows Update, I got the following report, "ELAN DRIVER UPDATE FOR ELAN INPUT DEVICE FAILED - ERROR CODE
0x80070103"

I got the same error for my intel graphics device driver update where the intel website says my driver was up to date and the windows update always restarted my laptop to try and install it.

here is what I did to fix this.
Right click on start and open the device manager
In the list select your ELAN input device. (Normally the device/s is/are nested under the main device tab/list)
right click on the device open the properties and in that you have an option to uninstall under the driver tab.
In the Confirm Device Removal page, select Delete the driver software for this device if you also want to remove the device driver package from the driver store. .

After uninstall restart the PC and go back to the device manager page.In the action buttons click on "scan for hardware change" It will show you there is a new device and it will show prompts to automatically download or manually install. Select automatic and it will download and install the latest driver. After this restart just one more time and check for updates. It should show latest update already installed.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon