Android's play game implentation gaming seems way better xbox live on windows and windows phone

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yet Xbox Live functions across Phone, PC, Tablet and Games Console. Play Games only functions across Android Phones and Tablets.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Why would anyone want to play Mobile Games on a TV?

The point is that with Xbox Live it's the framework that's cross platform and not necessarily the games.
But the thing is the games aren't made to be mobile anymore. They are made to use the tv and phone simultaneously. Imagine a quiz game that use your phone to answer or a phones being used as a game controller while the T.V is the main screen for the racing game. Technology has come a long way. You shouldn't use the term 'mobile game' so lightly. Especially when the gap between them and console games is narrowing.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
But the thing is the games aren't made to be mobile anymore. They are made to use the tv and phone simultaneously. Imagine a quiz game that use your phone to answer or a phones being used as a game controller while the T.V is the main screen for the racing game. Technology has come a long way. You shouldn't use the term 'mobile game' so lightly. Especially when the gap between them and console games is narrowing.

OK, why would you want to play a casual game that's made for mobile on your TV screen?

What you're saying would only really apply if you could run Halo: MCC on your phone, however that's never going to happen!!!!

cool8man

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't have time to watch a 40-minute Android game development video. Can someone summarize what about this you think is better than Xbox Live so we can have an actual discussion about whatever this Google thing is.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have time to watch a 40-minute Android game development video. Can someone summarize what about this you think is better than Xbox Live so we can have an actual discussion about whatever this Google thing is.

Android play games service - Any developer has access to them, openly part of the android studio IDE. Which means that developers can easily add leaderboards to their accounts which compare scores with other players using google services and all developers can use achievements to give the player an incentive so that they can keep coming back to the game. Google even provides google cloud services with google play to allow cloud saves so that users do not need to start all over again if developers don't use their own cloud saving solution. Google even provides analytics to track where the user spends time in their game so that developers can improve those areas in the game where the user doesn't interact with them with updates. His also help developers know whether IAPs are effective where they have applied them in the game.

On the other hand, xbox live games require a long jarring certification process. This makes it hard for developers to integrate xbox live into their games which can greatly improve the players engagement with leaderboards and achievements. Xbox live does have gamer points which accumulate depending on how many achievements a player has however google have an even better implementation, achievements on google play earn exp which accumulates eventually levelling up an account. This is usually shown with a notification. Levels give a more rpg element and gives players a goal to reach whereas gamerpoints just accumulate. Players just get gamerooints for the sake of making it high. Microsoft does provide OneDrive cloud saves but they haven't been widely used in games in windows phone since Microsoft rarely even talk about the feature or even mention it anymore whereas with google, the cloud saves are part of google play services package which is why most games on android have implemented this feature. Even though xbox live is available across pc, tablet and phones, you aren't able to cross play with the devices , even with windows 10, they didn't say the feature is coming with mobile devices. On the other hand android is running on phones, tablets and TV's. No matter what device you are using, anyone can play with each other. There are less than 200 xbox live games on windows phone but there are countless games on android using google play.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Even though Microsoft says the certification process increases the quality of games , it isn't true since games on android are free to use google play. When developers use the play services in their games, they have to tweak their game so that they work with the services that are already available. Whereas with windows phone, probably 90% of the games don't use xbox live services, most of the games don't really have anything special to keep the user coming back to the game. These games are the ones that you play once and uninstall, never to be seen again. Some use facebook API'S for leaderboards but they are still missing out on achievements that can be used improve the players gamers score. This is why google play games > xbox live (on windows)

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but Android based operating systems can't hold a candle to the PC or an X-BOX.
Not even in the same realm.

This will likely flop like Google Chrome book. What a JOKE that was.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Know what? I can sync my Angry Bird Epic game progress currently across my Nexus 7 and Note 4 via Google Play, but I cannot do that on my desktop and my 1520. This alone is a score for Android.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, why would you want to play a casual game that's made for mobile on your TV screen?

What you're saying would only really apply if you could run Halo: MCC on your phone, however that's never going to happen!!!!

Ah, Xbox One streaming to Windows 10... It's not a far stretch to be able to stream to Windows 10 Mobile.

Know what? I can sync my Angry Bird Epic game progress currently across my Nexus 7 and Note 4 via Google Play, but I cannot do that on my desktop and my 1520. This alone is a score for Android.

Just because Rovio doesn't enable it... many games can and do sync across. Skulls of the Shogun, Halo, Bingo, etc...

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Ah, Xbox One streaming to Windows 10... It's not a far stretch to be able to stream to Windows 10 Mobile.

Just because Rovio doesn't enable it... many games can and do sync across. Skulls of the Shogun, Halo, Bingo, etc...
But the majority aren't syncing progress between devices.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Maybe that's not coming yet you have modern combat 5 and nova 3 to stream. They definitely aren't casual games like you said.

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
OP, you seem a little too founded on google. then why not going to use THEIR services? i wont argue, some things are better done by MS some are better done by Google. thats it. but one thing im really annoyed with: everyone being allowed to use the clone of xbox live made by google is a good thing? nope. android is trash. the reason is trash is because its TOO OBSESSED WITH OPENESS. some things should require certification in this digital word. it seems to me google doesnt get that. they and their store are trash too. the ONLY relevant store in this world is App Store, if we are talking about app stores, but thats another story.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
OP, you seem a little too founded on google. then why not going to use THEIR services? i wont argue, some things are better done by MS some are better done by Google. thats it. but one thing im really annoyed with: everyone being allowed to use the clone of xbox live made by google is a good thing? nope. android is trash. the reason is trash is because its TOO OBSESSED WITH OPENESS. some things should require certification in this digital word. it seems to me google doesnt get that. they and their store are trash too. the ONLY relevant store in this world is App Store, if we are talking about app stores, but thats another story.

Android is trash and billions of users who are using it are also trash.
How stupid of them using Android.

Where as WP is a legendary OS developed by mighty MS.
Every WP user is like Albert Einstein who made very intelligent decision choosing WP.
Rest of world is bunch of stupid who doesn't know the worth WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism