Anybody got this message? (Windows 10 Upgrade)

awusr

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
On the notification area icons section next to the clock and date on windows 7 appeared a get windows 10 icon this morning. When you click on it a screen appears that tells you how the free upgrade works and gives you the option to reserve the upgrade. Came on here to see it others had received that notification and found this thread.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Just reserved mine 😁. Probably it's a mistake tho, since the learn more link isn't working.

EDIT: The website is available now.

Last edited:

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Makes alot of sense.. Maybe to allocate server resources and bandwidth in advance for anticipated high download quotas... You know so users wont get pissed cuz their upgrades time out or are DL at the rocket ship speed of 15kbs. Smart move if you ask me.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Why would one need to reserve a copy?

Makes alot of sense.. Maybe to allocate server resources and bandwidth in advance for anticipated high download quotas... You know so users wont get pissed cuz their upgrades time out or are DL at the rocket ship speed of 15kbs. Smart move if you ask me.

Also as an FYI to less tech savy users to lock them into the update so it's automated come rollout time. You'd be surprised at how many people I see still have Windows 8.0 running on their system because they have no clue about installing it from the Store. A big issue for MST considering 8.1 is required to update to 10. Something I don't really understand being that you can update from 7 to 10.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I would guess letting non techy people know its coming myself. But what I said above could b true as well I'm just speculating.. Only one can answer your question 100% accurate I guess again would be Microsoft.. Hehe

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Saw the icon and message on my desktop this evening. By "reserving" you're giving permission to Microsoft to download Windows 10 on your device through Windows Update as soon as it is available. Went ahead and "reserved" on my PC. No icon as of yet on my Surface 3.

Last edited:

Aashish Chokhani

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am using the technical preview but I have not got the icon yet. I was on windows 7 before I started the preview. Anyone have any clue if I will get the option to upgrade when it launches?

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I received the message on my two Lenovo laptops...I had recently downloaded Win 10 preview on one and in my opinion it was ok at first but the upgrade was unstable and when I tried to revert it failed. I replaced my drive with an ssd drive and installed Win 8.1 64 pro. I surely hope the future upgrade is Stable and doesn't screw up my two laptops ..'cause I'm gonna get pissed...!!!!.. :angry:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You'd be surprised at how many people I see still have Windows 8.0 running on their system because they have no clue about installing it from the Store.

Yeah I don't think that was the most brilliant update method. The Store doesn't seemed to be used much as a whole, and even if the 8.1 update was seen, would the average user install it?

But then, how well will the Windows Updates method work? People in general don't worry about installing updates either. Maybe if it notifies them about it, like it started to do, it might get installed more often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers