Metro IE bookmark tiles in Win 10 get deleted no way to import.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems MS will not address this issue. I've posted on the insider forums, submitted feedback in the Win 10 feedback app, tweeted MS devs and execs and no one at MS will address this issue.

I have probably 100+ Metro IE bookmarks in win 8.1, when upgrading to Win 10 these bookmarks get deleted, their is no mechanism to save them or import them to Edge or Desktop IE.

WTF is going on with this? Why is MS so content to just kick Win 8 users with no recourse to at least allow all their data to carry over?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
so it seems I'm the only person on the planet that used Metro IE tile bookmarks? Seriously MS avoids this question like the plague.

DarthMengon

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
You are not the only one, but maybe the only one with solo much of them. I always used them only for a few important ones, because this is for what they was made. For managing so many, the browser favorites are a lot easier to handle...

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
On my Tablet using Tile bookmarks is just alot easier then trying to use Desktop IE and the old style desktop favorite, swipe up in Metro IE.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05