Non-functional apps with strange names

MolzMPH

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Every iteration of Windows 10, I'm hoping that this issue gets resolved, but these (in the pic) apps are constantly around, do not function, and can't be removed. What exactly is going on? Why are they still there? Is there a fix?

WP_20150701_14_05_40_Raw.jpg

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
For me, I see such naming convention when SD card scan is in progress. May be, you can try removing the SD card and then check back after inserting it again. Soft reset may also help you unless you have already tried that.

MolzMPH

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
No external media are in the devices (one old HP TouchSmart and one SP3). They've been reset many times over. Thanks for the ideas, tho!

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the old Music Preview, Video Preview, and old Store - these apps have been retired in favor of the new ones.
I think the path to the apps is still listed in the index of apps hence why they appear but since they are not installed anymore, you just need to right click and uninstall to get rid of them (I can't do that for the old store for some reason but I think that's how I removed the links to the old music and video preview)

roguck

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem and have tried the right click with uninstall option and it doesn't seem to work.
Going to have a ferret around when I have time at the weekend to see if I can find a way to do it - would have thought the upgrade process should deal with this sort of thing!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel