Plex server

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having any success running Plex on Windows 10? So far, no joy. It simply won't install.

I need to know this too as I was comfortable enough with the latest builds to go ahead and update my home to Windows 10 over this long weekend. But, can't live without PLEX for sure.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Would this have something to do with Plex media server forums being hacked yesterday?
No it wouldn't. That hack was the forums themselves. This isn't a new issue for me but I chalked it up to the OS being TP but it has never installed. Even with this latest build the error is the same.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
No it wouldn't. That hack was the forums themselves. This isn't a new issue for me but I chalked it up to the OS being TP but it has never installed. Even with this latest build the error is the same.

Plex is the one of the very few things holding me back from upgrading my home server to Windows 10.​

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Plex is the one of the very few things holding me back from upgrading my home server to Windows 10.​
It is largely why I keep my OS's separate. It also won't allow me to play my steam game Cities: Skylines. The game launches but when you continue or start a new city, no mouse control. I hope they resolve it or I can't upgrade when the time comes. Maybe a future build will resolve it...before the 29th.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah man, I run a plex server at all times. Never had a problem with any of the Windows 10 builds. I am a Plex Pass subscriber and install the beta builds.. maybe that makes a difference.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah man, I run a plex server at all times. Never had a problem with any of the Windows 10 builds. I am a Plex Pass subscriber and install the beta builds.. maybe that makes a difference.
You do? I'm a Plex Pass subscriber too. You get no issues with Plex updates either?

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
No problems at all man. I run a media site - so having my guys have access to the advance screeners and stuff sent over from studios is a must. I simply wouldnt be able to run Windows 10 if a Plex server wouldnt start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3