The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Had plans for this day.
My desc.pc and gf' laptop together on same network geting update and instal Windows 10! Ehh...but my pc died (burn to be clear) and gf laptop is in servis so no Windows or ,,tech date" any time soon.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Raided the supermarket for milk and bread. I kid, beer and more beer. I feel less awkward drinking some beers alone trying to get W10 installed now that there's a pseudo-tailgate party happening. Thanks WC!

Brickolicious

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
About 3GB have moved from the SoftwareDisitribution folder to the 140MB folder in the last couple of minutes and additional files have downloaded. (Estonia)

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Ain't no party like a Windows 10 party cause a Windows 10 party don't stop!

I'm going to the MS Store tomorrow morning to get my shirt, switch my Rare Reply preorder to Gears Ultimate, and to swap out my Band. I'll grab a picture of how busy(or not) it is at opening.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
If it is, then there's a whole lot of insiders that are gonna be re-downloading 10240. Lol. Hell, I've got an 8gig folder on my local C drive waiting to install. lol

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
My computers have the update folder on them. Thought I would check wife's computer. Almost wish I hadn't. She hadn't installed any updates since February. *sigh* 92 updates to install :(

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My computers have the update folder on them. Thought I would check wife's computer. Almost wish I hadn't. She hadn't installed any updates since February. *sigh* 92 updates to install :(

I feel your pain. My mom and step dads computers hadn't been updated since March of last year. I thought I was going to have to stay at their house for a week to get them updated and ready for 10.

Reason why they hadn't updated: They took their computers to a repair shop to get them upgraded and cleaned and the shop has installed spyware to collect every bit of info they entered into them. So now being investigated as of a week ago. Valuable lesson learned about trusting your private stuff to strangers.

Paul Stoner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Found a folder on C: called "$Windows.~BT" - I am assuming that is it, but it is only 4.12 GB, not 6.x or whatever size I should be expecting...?

Insider Program Running Windows 10 Home x64 Build 10240

Started another thread asking about doing a fresh install tonight when the final beast rolls out, but not sure where I will get a key as an Insider...

jrc1209

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Also an insider from the first. I see the $Windows folder in the root of C: on my insider machine but not yet on wife's Windows 7 machine. I expect to be busy over the next few weeks helping my neighbors with their installs. Have already had a number of questions from my golf buddies.

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Checking into the party. I'm going to hold off on the update for now, until I'm sure everything is stable and good to go. I was checking out the store earlier, and it looks like some features have been rolled back. Purchase history's back but I have a load of duplicate apps in the list now.

Shatznr

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Same here- late to the party but checking it out on my Insider build. Waiting for 12 am my local time to start the upgrade on my Surface Pro 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte