The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
OK, so there's no Football or BBQ or actual tailgates, but...

Windows 10 is finally a real, proper thing that is going to be rolling out to the world starting today (or tomorrow depending where you are right now). Some of you are eagerly awaiting your upgrades, some have been playing with it for a while and some are waiting it out. There are also a number of you going to various launch parties around the world being thrown by Microsoft. Indeed, we're going to be at events in Delhi, London and New York City ourselves.

We're setting up a this thread for everyone to jump into and pass the time as launch day comes and goes. If you're at one of the launch parties, jump in and tell us what's going on, leave the rest of us some pictures of the festivities. If you're updated, waiting to update, holding out or just want to chew the fat, come on in, everyone's welcome.

Throughout the day someone from Mobile Nations will be jumping in and giving away some swag, but you'll have to be here to find out what and get a chance to win.

So come on in! Let's make it one big Windows 10 launch day to remember!

caspervir1

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just waiting for Windows 10 here in Norway... My thought is that I'll get it very sonn since we're just 4 mill in this country and "we" love Apples.... Then it's not so many insiders or rservers... Please comment on this and share Your thought!

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I am an insider so I know I'm getting it directly at 12 AM. I'm very curious to see what the Windows 10 Boot animation is gonna look like! Has anyone seen it yet?

w_j168

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
My PC system shows windows 10 pro, does that mean I am already using Win 10. Fast on running multiple programs. MSFT Edge is super fast. Mac lover should give it a try, you will be amazed.

caspervir1

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
How did you see that WIndows 10 is downloaded? I've tried searching for an update in Windows update, but nothing... I've also tried to look at the the Storage Space, but nothing moves...

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Mac lover should give it a try, you will be amazed.

actually installed 10 (insider) on some crap macs at work (destined to be tossed) and 10 SCREAMS on them! these old and "slow" systems are slow no more!

the needed files are already on my Surface pro 2 and gaming PC and waiting for midnight to roll around :)

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
How did you see that WIndows 10 is downloaded? I've tried searching for an update in Windows update, but nothing... I've also tried to look at the the Storage Space, but nothing moves...

check your root directory (c:) for a dir that starts with $windows blah blah blah (i forget) 6.2GB popped up on 2 computers around 10 am pst for me

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Laptop running Insider Build, doing some streaming Titanfall from XB while wife watches her cooking shows. Have 2 Encore tablets awaiting midnight. Have all of the families various computers ready to jump from Win7\8 to 10. I can honestly say, this is the first time I've seen so many people I know excited about Windows We also have a crew of us heading to our local Windows Store in the morning to try and score some loot!

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Sage advice incoming: do not stay up to midnight. You will be disappointed. The download may arrive at 12:01am tonight,1:56am, Sunday at 2:54pm or next week sometime.. Just go to bed kids, lol. BUT INSIDER - still, no guarantee. You need sleep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3