Why I couldn't upgrade to Windows 10 in pc?

Karthik DK

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm running on Windows 7 Sp1 and I meet the minimum requirements but I'm getting the message as "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10".

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I forget when it was, but I'm pretty sure Microsoft said that you won't be able to install Windows 10 if the drivers would mess up and there would be compatibility problems. It'll be worked on, but your PC isn't compatible at this time.

sschevy010

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It quite clearly states your cpu isn't supported.

Support for older CPU's was removed from Windows 8.1. Your Core2Duo might still have an instruction set that was deemed insecure and so Microsoft removed support for it from 8.1.

Upgrade your CPU if you want Windows 10

Don't be so sure about that... I have a desktop with Core2duo E5400 works flawless to upgrade. I used download tool instead since it couldn't upgrade cause of audio card via update too but i fixed that by using w8 driver.

Far as previous user who posted.. If you want to upgrade.. You may have to use download tool but you won't have internet access via network since it does not have network drivers for it via w10.. You may have to hunt for drivers for it.

Lazar Krstic

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi :)

I have a similar problem :unhappy:

win10.png

after click on View report i get this:

win10_2.png

Any idea? :smile:

laptop Dell N5110
windows 7 (with all updates)

and thanks :smile:

sschevy010

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi :)

I have a similar problem :unhappy:

View attachment 110102

after click on View report i get this:

View attachment 110103

Any idea? :smile:

laptop Dell N5110
windows 7 (with all updates)

and thanks :smile:

No report aavailable can mean any possibilities.. But your within system requirements.. Only big issue you will have is drivers available for iy from Dell.. I can't guarantee you anything and you may have to wait unless you are techy enough to figure out drivers for it after using download tool and upgrade it yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss