Why won't Outlook 2013 send emails after the Windows 10 upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

outlook 2013 will not send emails after windows 10 upgrade

It receives email just fine and will send a test email when you are in advanced settings but will any emails created just sit in outbox. The error comes up and says " 8x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network verify your network connection or modem" Which is working of course as I'm online

crazylife4u

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: outlook 2013 will not send emails after windows 10 upgrade

Hello

Here is another thread but I don't have 10 posts so cant post the link as hypertext so search After installing windows 10 I can no longer send emails with Outlook 2013

I have the same problems and will report there what has been tried and what works or does not so far.

Carman Lawrick

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I too am having the same problem, though I have both an IMAP account and an account hooked up to MS Exchange Server. I can send email fine through the Exchange Server account, but not through the IMAP account. Both accounts receive email just fine.

rikthemonk

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I've also got the same problem and it is definitely a Windows 10 thing because:
a) I have changed no outlook settings but emails stopped sending straight after the windows 10 installation
b) Others at work who have exactly the same settings as me are still able to send emails.

I use SMTP: POP3 email account and have tried ports 25 and 587 and it made no difference.
I added a new SMTP: IMAP email account, again trying ports 25 and 587 and it made no difference.
I also have a MS Exchange Server email account and that still works fine.

Terry Lambert

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I too am having issues with not being able to send via Outlook since the upgrade to Windows 10. Upon further investigation of the trace files the analysis returns the following statement
Some timezone registries are missing on the host computer. Please ensure that the client computer has the latest Windows Updates. Check here for more information on Microsoft Updates.
This needs to be fixed very quickly guys if you need to see the log files please let me know.

rikthemonk

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
So saw this on another WindowsCentral thread.

Click on the search icon, search on cmd when you find the application (Command Prompt) run as administrator (i.e. right click it and click run as administrator). You will then see a rectangular black window appear with folder> then type in sfc/scannow and sit back and wait (takes a while to run).

When finished type in exit. Then close outlook, restart and problem solve. Seems to have solved the problem for a number of people on the other thread too.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this. I am trying the SFC scan now. I hope it fixes it because none of my email settings have changed and I wondered why I had to send emails from my phone now.

AndreiPio

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Cheers - running the scan at the minute, let's see what that is going to do. Glad to see Windows reaching the 10 milestone. It does look to me as if they should have spent some time on 9 first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills