Viber is making an App designed for Windows 10!

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Viber app on my Windows 10 PC, opened it, and for the time being they want me to use the desktop app for now. But you can see on the bottom, is written "Stay tuned for Viber on Windows 10!" this states that they are now planning (and must now creating) an app designed for Windows 10, and it would be great news! Image screenshot of the app is below:

vibe10.JPG

Good day everyone!

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Viber demonstrated a windows 10 app at build a few months ago. The shocking thing is that they've not managed to get it in the store ready for windows 10 launch. In the meantime any Viber users now can't use Viber on their windows 10 machines. (desktop app is simply not viable at high resolutions)
I can't help but think that there is some connection that has made both them and skype pull this curious maneuverer.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Viber demonstrated a windows 10 app at build a few months ago. The shocking thing is that they've not managed to get it in the store ready for windows 10 launch. In the meantime any Viber users now can't use Viber on their windows 10 machines. (desktop app is simply not viable at high resolutions)
I can't help but think that there is some connection that has made both them and skype pull this curious maneuverer.

Maybe they're both connected to the Messaging app Microsoft is working for the big Windows 10 update on September.

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Just got a response from Viber support (I asked them for an explanation) and they have asked me for more details. Curious, maybe we are not meant to be seeing this screen. My wife's surface 3 on windows 10 is still working normally.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Cool. In your wife's surface, it might just only the Windows 8.1 Viber app carried over. Because I actually have no Viber not until I installed Windows 10

Josh Hearn

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Viber and all the other app makers have had a year to develop there apps and get them ready for windows 10. They act like it was a secret and all of a sudden Windows 10 was released quietly out of the blue.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I receive an update to the Viber app on my Windows 10 PC and now I've been locked out from my account on that PC.

Only workaround is to download the Desktop client. :cry:

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I've been in discussion with Viber support for 5 days now about this. They just ignore the questions about why they've withdrawn the app and reply with information about the desktop app. It's getting almost comical now

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Viber could use an update. I have quit on Viber weeks ago and use Messenger instead. Still would like to use Viber, but with all features.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Just got a response from Viber support (I asked them for an explanation) and they have asked me for more details. Curious, maybe we are not meant to be seeing this screen. My wife's surface 3 on windows 10 is still working normally.

It's probably an automated response. You can tweet all kind of random stuff and it will still reply with that. Even if you do give enough information. Lol :D

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't think they have been automated. Just not very helpful.
I have now had another more specific message from them that leaves me more convinced that this has got to do with the yet to be implemented messaging system in windows 10 (they can't give timescales, it's out of their hands, etc). They are saying that they've not made any changes and it is the OS update that is at fault. I rather suspect that it is not them that have withdrawn the app but that it is now somehow failing approval in the market due to the use of a deprecated API (that's real speculation on my part) and that nothing can be done about that until the new windows 10 features arrive. That would certainly explain the odd way both this and Skype have been withdrawn and how neither of those companies seem to be keen to do anything about it (although why they don't just say this is beyond me)

NGDANH

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm using surface pro 3, updated to windows 10, cannot install viber from windows app, therefore I've downloaded from CNET then install, everything is fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb