Windows 10 is SLOW and heats up my Laptop. WHY?

Blackberry-Prince

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded today. Slow boot up, less responsive, heats up and kinda laggy too. Never happened with Win 8.1 running on it. So what do you guys say? Get back to 8,1 or what?

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
U should try a clean install.The upgrade just doesn't cut it for performance.After all your only installing windows 10 on top of 8.1 when you upgrade.But dont clean install if ur not sure what your doing.You will run into bother with drivers and. Your data will be lost

Blackberry-Prince

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
U should try a clean install.The upgrade just doesn't cut it for performance.After all your only installing windows 10 on top of 8.1 when you upgrade.But dont clean install if ur not sure what your doing.You will run into bother with drivers and. Your data will be lost

I know what a clean install is. I didnt choose to do so. Im currently using 523Gb of my 889GB. Its going to take me ages to backup. I have all of my work stuff and all other data in it. I wanted it to be the same. Now a clean install will change everything :/

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I know what a clean install is. I didnt choose to do so. Im currently using 523Gb of my 889GB. Its going to take me ages to backup. I have all of my work stuff and all other data in it. I wanted it to be the same. Now a clean install will change everything :/

Do you have only one partition or what?

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My Surface Pro 2 is having a similar issue. Heats up, speeds fans to high, discharges the battery fast, and takes longer to charge. You don't say what make and model your laptop is, so I suggest as a start, check the manufacturer's site for every Win 10 update you can find and install them. This may be a simple driver/firmware/software issue that may be resolved with the appropriate update. Your manufacturer may even not have it ready yet, so keep tabs on it. If it's a MS thing, then assume they're working on it, and check for updates frequently there too. (NOTE: You could probably report this to MS with your system info just so they're aware)

On the safe side, back up you most valuable data just in case (I like being cautious).

Blackberry-Prince

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
My Surface Pro 2 is having a similar issue. Heats up, speeds fans to high, discharges the battery fast, and takes longer to charge. You don't say what make and model your laptop is, so I suggest as a start, check the manufacturer's site for every Win 10 update you can find and install them. This may be a simple driver/firmware/software issue that may be resolved with the appropriate update. Your manufacturer may even not have it ready yet, so keep tabs on it. If it's a MS thing, then assume they're working on it, and check for updates frequently there too. (NOTE: You could probably report this to MS with your system info just so they're aware)

On the safe side, back up you most valuable data just in case (I like being cautious).

Same issues here!! Lenovo Z50 is the laptop.
I'll see what I can do. Or i will go back to win 8.1

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Why is that so? This is 8GB Ram, COREI7 4th Gen with Nvidia Geforce.

I said that because you sound half way there already just posing the question the way you did; like you've given up. I suspect you just had a bad install. A clean install would be best then move your data files, pictures, docs and such from Windows_old back to your fresh install of Windows 10.

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
My SP1 was the same way at first. Task manager showed alot of heavy background tasks running with high drive access too. After a few updates downloaded & reboot things settled down back to normal. File search indexing took a little longer but also got caught up. I'm gonna clean stuff manually first before updating my Surface 3 or my SP3. I think some of the thrashing on the SP1 was the crazy file library hacks I had in place.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Are all app updates finished? Happened to me too but I noticed that apps are updating so I let it be and after a while problem solved. If it still persist maybe try to do a clean install by Factory resetting Windows 10. Backup files first.

Josh Hearn

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
My roommate is experiencing high cpu usage from antimalware I saw in task manager after going from 7 - 10. I remember I had the problem when I was on 8 before going to 8.1 but high cpu usage can heat it up.

Bluerain

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from windows 7 and my laptop takes forever to boot up and it's on the slow side and yes my laptop is hotter than normal.

W7 was so much faster.

Even my verizon email account doesn't show all the tabs and have to use firefox for my email.

Plus the ads using the edge are all over the place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3