W10 Live tiles in my Surface Pro 3 not working, how can I fix them?

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
W10 Live tiles in my Surface Pro 3 not working

I got this disturbing problem.
MY LIVE TILES specifically the Mail, Flipboard and Photos app doesn't work.
though Mail works from time to time

> YES the option of live tiles is ON
> YES they are updated in the store
> YES I opened them and used them
> YES I did a clean refresh/reformat after upgrading from 8.1 to 10

though my desktop and laptop works nicely

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Re: W10 Live tiles in my Surface Pro 3 not working

Same problem here. Mainly the outlook mail app not updating the tiles.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site

file feedback - it's (yet another) bug - you can get some of them back restarting explorer, but best to just reboot - but please please please upvote or leave feedback so they fix this s..

Pkchainsaw

May 15, 2009
Visit site

I have found a solution that works FOR ME. I don't have a sp3, but (Dell Venue 8 pro), but it may be a common bug. Because (unlike you lucky guys who can afford a sp3) the screen is small, I upped the scaling to 150% instead of the default 125%. THAT'S when the live tiles stop working. (It also messes up the Amazon Kindle "modern" app, too, BTW). This is still happening, even on the latest build 10565. This problem *did not* happen on 8.1, so, there's another problem that Microsoft can ignore. It sucks, because I like win10 otherwise. But boy, everything is still small at 125%.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

This issue has been driving me nuts. My Bing Weather app Live Tile stopped working after one of the updates. A few of the others were hit and miss, working some days and not on other days.

I changed it from 100% to 125%, and now the Weather Live Tile is working as it should. The others seems to be working as well. .

I remember setting it at 125% at the time I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I'm guessing that one of the updates changed the setting to 100%.

UPDATE: I spoke too soon. It is now the following day, and the Weather app live tile has stopped updating.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas