Help regarding Photos and Movies & TV app

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, In windows 8.1, the photos app would show pictures in their respective folders (With Folder names), making it easier to navigate. But now, in Win10, the photos are only sorted by Month and not Folder wise. So I find it very difficult if I want to find pictures of a specific party, or function when I don't know what month it was taken. Have to scroll and go through all the pictures :\ Any way to sort it out in a different way?

And in the Movies & TV app, the subtitles(Closed captioning) appear on Top left of the screen instead of bottom. Can't find any setting to change that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've moved this thread to a more appropriate area...

Windows 10 How-to Guides (where this was moved from) is for solutions, not questions. Thanks.

Photos: Navigate to the folder you want to view first... Open a picture inside that folder with the Photos App and scroll through that file. True enough that the Photo's App opens to a chronological view as an aggregate of all folders you have it scanning.

Movies & TV: I really don't have much encoded with subtitles, but a quick check has them appearing at the bottom. I don't know what to tell yiu about this one.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey , thanks for the reply. I didn't get one in the How to's section so had to make one here. and had no idea how to delete a thread :p

Anyway, the chronological view is what I don't prefer. How weird that they left out the option to SORT pictures as per needs ( Date, time, ascending, folders etc) .

As far as the captioning goes. Everything for me is at the top left instead of bottom, also the videos lag horribly once subtitles are enabled !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills