Windows 10 Tech Preview - Issues and Complaints

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I tried encrypting the whole drive (128GB) with bitlocker after Windows 10 installation but after 8 hours it only came to 10% of encryption progress. I conclude bitlocker doesn't work properly.
Sent from my Lumia 930 using Tapatalk
If it helps, I did much the same thing - turned BitLocker on for my 256GB SSD. It's at 58.2% now. I turned it on the day of the last preview build. When was that, 2 or 3 weeks back....

ZuneEtunes

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I went to windows update through the control panel, downloaded the Windows update troubleshooter. It determined that I had an update that was basically hung up on my system preventing newer updates from installing.

ferrumcampitor

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had many issues with Wifi on the TP. Very very flaky on my HP Elitepad. Half the time the wifi option doesn't show up under network connections. Seems more likely to show up when selecting from the charm bar. Ran into a previously unseen issuetonight while at my parents house. When I finally get to the list of available wifi networks, once selecting the one I want it asks for the pin. They don't have or don't know the pin. If I click the "connectusing a security key instead" the settings app goes away only to be seen active on the task bar. If I click on the app from the task bar it bringsit up onthe main settings page. As of yet, I can NOT get connected to their wifi. In fact I'm typing this from my Nook.

I should add that when at home or a hotel, it does NOT ask me for the PIN. It merely allows me to type in the security key.

If anyone has any ideas id love to hear them.

Update: I was finally able to connect. Discovered that after restarting, choosing the wifi network BEFORE initially logging in, it allowed me to use the security key.

Last edited:

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
I have a question for all who installed Win10. Under Network-VPN is there now an option for IPSEC, or Cisco IPSEC VPN? Thanks in advance.

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
A few apps (not native 8 apps) just open then close......ugh

Try this workaround for problems where apps are not starting or are stuck at the splash screen:

1.Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter
2.Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Now it seems like build 9901 broke the sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth functions. And PC refreshing fails.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    66 KB · Views: 8

Trinity Craft

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 removed all partitons from my hp pavilion laptop, wont let me install ubuntu or reinstall windows 10
what happened was when I installed windows 10 5 min lator it said it had an error and needed to restart, I did so and when my pc rebooted it said no operating system found. When I try to install ubuntu the same thing happens; no operating system found when I try to reinstall any form of windows it says no partions found. I have tried gparted and lots of other patitioning methiods none work. I tried reformating the hard drive it says it works but the same thing still happens. Discks jump drives floppey drives non work. My laptop is an exspesive paperweight at this point thanks to windows 10. I need help fixing this. Please some one help it would be much appreciatted. Thanks.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope someone reads this and has a solution.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 (build 9789) using the updated ISO files from Microsoft. Like 12% of Insiders, I too got the explorer.exe restart bug. Naturally, I installed all the updates. However, I still have explorer.exe restarting continuously.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else had problems installing on a Surface Pro 3. My start screen is really laggy and when I use the power button to go to sleep it's not actually in sleep mode. the screen is black but still backlit so when you tap the screen it goes back on.

Nicholas Lovan

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Sony Vegas Pro is 'incompatible.' Clicking OK on "Render As..." in 13, and the whole thing will crash. Opening lengthy projects in version 12 will lock it solid.

usmanzia

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
My start menu, setting, store etc not running. when ever i click on start button nothing happen same problem with notifications. The settings window is just open but showing a blue screen with setting icon and stuck there same for store

build 9926

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Love to OP title 'issues and complaints'. Issues, yes. But complaints? It's a Technical Preview! Unless you have a second machine to install the current TP on, then leave it alone - you can pretty much guarantee that it will screw up something with your device.

1-11

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I have update my Windows 10 OS to tech preview 10041. After upgrade, my Nvidia cant open my games. Currently, I only can open my game using Intel graphic. It says some dll file is missing (ex:dimdum32.dll). I cant even register those dll even as administrator.

Why cant I change folder permission even as administrator.error.png

Tao Tao1

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Well I have a Lumia 1020. The update is completely horrible as overtime I turn of my phone ( press the power button ), it wouldn't turn on unless I reboot my phone with the volume up/volume down/power long press. It is glitchy, the camera app is a bit weird, but it resembles the Lumia Camera 5, and generally I had to backup my phone in Windows Phone 10, because I'm going to reset and restore backup on WP 8.1 . By the way, does anyone know if I can use the WP 10 backup on WP8.1? PLS REPLY

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well for the build that was "supposed" to address alot of the Touch GUI issues 10061 is again another freaking disaster for tablets. I literally have to toggle in and out of Tablet mode because neither tablet or desktop mode provide a full coherent OS experience on a Tablet.

Taskbar auto hide does not even seem to work, adding new tiles to the start menu creates a couple of columns of empty space to the right, manually selecting a color scheme makes it so buttons in the notification center don;t toggle between light and dark to signify if they or on or off. Their has been little to no effort made to give Tablet Mode any behavioral options, we should have the option to turn off the taskbar in Tablet mode, power, time, display brightness, volume etc. need to be moved to the notification center whihc would take over the remaining features that the always on taskbar yielded, we should have the option to swipe through open apps etc.

With a few toggle option in Tablet mode Tablet users could effectively customize their experience brining it on par with Win 8 on a tablet.

Last edited:

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Please describe the problems with Tablet Mode from your point of view. As I don't have a device to try it myself I would really appreciate your opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6