Windows 10 compatible anti-virus's?

ToonU

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Even though I am not using Windows 10 as a main OS, I like to stay secure.

Every anti-virus I have tried (about AVG, Avast, and MalwareBytes) has said it has compatibility issues and will not run on Windows 10.
Have you gotten one to work yet?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I use ESET and MBAMPro...no issue.

Windows defender/smartscreen already give you AV protection inherently in Windows 10...so you are OK without

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I just enabled Windows Defender and called it a day.

This. I've never gotten a virus since using Windows 8 (and I double check frequently with Malwarebytes full and flash scans.) Windows Defender is perfectly adequate for most viruses and I get a little tired of how bloated anti-virus programs are.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This. I've never gotten a virus since using Windows 8 (and I double check frequently with Malwarebytes full and flash scans.) Windows Defender is perfectly adequate for most viruses and I get a little tired of how bloated anti-virus programs are.

When I bought a new computer a few months ago, I got a monster set of malware when I hit the wrong button for a software download. It took me hours to clean up a brand new computer. It screwed up proxy settings, all kinds of ****. I couldn't even access the internet to download antivirus.

While you may be able to get away without it, that one time when something happens, you'll deeply regret not having it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When I bought a new computer a few months ago, I got a monster set of malware when I hit the wrong button for a software download. It took me hours to clean up a brand new computer. It screwed up proxy settings, all kinds of ****. I couldn't even access the internet to download antivirus.

While you may be able to get away without it, that one time when something happens, you'll deeply regret not having it.

Yes, Windows 8 is certainly not immune to virus'. My coworker makes a living cleaning them up. Not all W8 computers of course, but some are.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I must be lucky then haha! The last bad virus I got was back in the Windows 7 days with the dreaded "Google redirect virus" (of course it affected more than just Google.)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Every Windows operating since Vista has a native antivirus program.

While there is debate on the efficacy of this native antivirus program, for the Technical Preview you have no choice. Due to the invasive nature of antivirus programs, none will run on unsupported operating systems by manufacturer design.

Rest assured that those antivirus manufacturers are hard at work coding their products for Windows 10 functionality.

knight820

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
windows defender
It should be enough for you unless you do some "risky" things
3rd party are not compatible since the code written are changing

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
IMO common sense is the best anti virus tool you have. Other than that the built in one is just fine, no need for any 3rd party bloat.

I want to say "AMEN!" here, but the sense truly isn't common. I don't particularly *play it safe* on the web and I'm infection free without an AV. But at the same time it'd simply be foolish to assume what I (a coder and IT contractor) know to be common sense because the ability to look at something and say "Ha, that's not a legit flash update, you think I'm stupid?" is something most will have to work on before they stop clickin' on dumb ****.

If you really feel like you need a failsafe though, there is none on this planet better than Avast... and with Malwarebytes as a supplementary tool, you'd have to pretty much jump through hoops to even allow infections. Try out compatibility mode if it gives you flak on W10.

Last edited:

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Even though I am not using Windows 10 as a main OS, I like to stay secure.

Every anti-virus I have tried (about AVG, Avast, and MalwareBytes) has said it has compatibility issues and will not run on Windows 10.
Have you gotten one to work yet?

ok, I have AVG on my PC and it seems to run just right...Never had a message for incompatibility

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Do what I do, if you are going to browse questionable sites (how most virus's come from), Install VMware player, Install your OS into the VM and make a snapshot, browse the web, you get a virus ? Delete the VM, restore your snapshot and your back to where you were...

I'm only using Microsoft Anti-virus on Windows 10 myself, no problems so far...

CYBA_CyberGhosT

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
List Of Software I am currently running (error free) on Windows 10 TP 10056
Malwarebytes AM Pro (latest)
Malwarebytes AE Pro (latest)
VooDooShield v2.50
CCleaner Pro (latest)
Glary Utilities Pro (latest)
EVGA PrecisionX v5.3.1
OpenDNS Updater v2.2.1

Hopes this helps someone. PeAcE

matthewsstacey

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi Toonu,

Comodo Antivirus & Internet Security is a class of Windows 10, It automatically scans files, folders & links from PC and internet and has Advanced Sandbox Technology.

terra

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Toonu,

Comodo Antivirus & Internet Security is a class of Windows 10, It automatically scans files, folders & links from PC and internet and has Advanced Sandbox Technology.

Agreed, as freeware solution, it provides features many other freewares don't. I'm going to install it, and test. Plus the firewall also povides notifications, for both inbound and outbound connections.
It offers more features than avira, avg, and is equally as effective, I find. plus less bloatware. I don't approve of anti virus suites, telling me that they can optimize my pc.

If anyone continue to use defender, i suggest, you fortify, with WFN https://wfn.codeplex.com/, or Glasswire https://www.glasswire.com/
Both these programs boost the Windows Firewall.

Antimalwarebytes Anti Exploit
Malwarebytes of course

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077